Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD General Discussion > Projects

Old 08-13-2018, 06:55 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfain View Post
Yes, it was Weld's car. I just ordered (through Sutton) a Speedway Engineering step-up front sway bar to get the high rate I need.

Pappy
Let me know when you get yours... I ordered my clip from Ron in December, received it february-ish and was told the speedway bars were backordered... I dont need it to continue working on the car so I havent been hounding him for it but if I had a completed car and was waiting on a bar Id be a little aggravated.
Old 08-23-2018, 01:26 AM
United States | Addict

Things got crowded on this side of the motor quick!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

The scavenge-out doesnt have the internal spring in it yet so it looks a bit flat in these pics...
Both of the -12 lines coming through the motor mount will be getting a heat sleeve and a titanium heat shield to protect from the headers.
The pressure-out from the filter housing will go forward along the frame rail to the oil cooler, then back up the drivers side to go into the block.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:21 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette427sbc View Post
Quote:
Yes, it was Weld's car. I just ordered (through Sutton) a Speedway Engineering step-up front sway bar to get the high rate I need.

Pappy
Let me know when you get yours... I ordered my clip from Ron in December, received it february-ish and was told the speedway bars were backordered... I dont need it to continue working on the car so I havent been hounding him for it but if I had a completed car and was waiting on a bar Id be a little aggravated.
Got the sway bar - came as ordered. Ron said he got several custom bars in, so I suspect you probably got yours.

Pappy

Old 09-15-2018, 04:15 PM
United States | Addict

Quote:

Got the sway bar - came as ordered. Ron said he got several custom bars in, so I suspect you probably got yours.

Pappy
It did come in, but as per the e-mail I got a few days ago its not looking good for Ron. A shame as I was really very happy with everything from him. Might have to see if I can privately contract him for suspension tuning/optimization once my car is more together...
Old 09-16-2018, 01:29 AM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (6)

Quote:
Quote:

Pappy
It did come in, but as per the e-mail I got a few days ago its not looking good for Ron. A shame as I was really very happy with everything from him. Might have to see if I can privately contract him for suspension tuning/optimization once my car is more together...
He told me he would work on suspension analysis through at least Dec.
The whole thing is a real shame, but that is the power of the internet.

Pappy
Old 09-16-2018, 03:38 AM
United States | Addict

Quote:
Things got crowded on this side of the motor quick!

Both of the -12 lines coming through the motor mount will be getting a heat sleeve and a titanium heat shield to protect from the headers.
The pressure-out from the filter housing will go forward along the frame rail to the oil cooler, then back up the drivers side to go into the block.
Looks good!!!!

I ended up using Earl's flameguard- looks to be nice quality stuff-

The other thing I am trying out is Federal Mogul Thermflex "basalt socks" for the exhaust-

Old 09-17-2018, 03:22 AM
United States | The Artist formerly known as Turbo84

Quote:
Suspension and brakes are mostly done... Waiting on swaybars and the body to go on for the front coilover hoop. The transmission is getting a once over and maybe a few small upgrades; Now to pick out a drysump system for the 427

May I ask what material size/dimensions you have there on your lower A-arm crossmember? I suspect my crossmember is a bit overbuilt (novice overbuild syndrome), and I am considering doing some material removal on it over the winter for some weight savings.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:05 PM
United States | Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69427 View Post

May I ask what material size/dimensions you have there on your lower A-arm crossmember? I suspect my crossmember is a bit overbuilt (novice overbuild syndrome), and I am considering doing some material removal on it over the winter for some weight savings.
The pivot point boxes are .25" plate... The x member is 1x3 square tube but Im not sure on the wall thickness.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:05 AM
United States | Addict

all I can say is I'll be treading a path that looks very similar to yours. So much so that I could be charged with plagiarism... most especially that cradle. With that said, there's only so many ways to skin a cat. Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:12 PM
United States | Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
all I can say is I'll be treading a path that looks very similar to yours. So much so that I could be charged with plagiarism... most especially that cradle. With that said, there's only so many ways to skin a cat. Thanks for the inspiration.
Im flattered
Although I should say I didnt design the front frame rails, that was done by Ron Sutton and DMP fabrication. My ideas are from the ABS unit and rearward.