Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD General Discussion > Projects

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #151  
Old 08-13-2018, 06:55 PM
vette427sbc's Avatar
vette427sbc vette427sbc is offline
United States | Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 783
My Photos: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfain View Post
Yes, it was Weld's car. I just ordered (through Sutton) a Speedway Engineering step-up front sway bar to get the high rate I need.

Pappy
Let me know when you get yours... I ordered my clip from Ron in December, received it february-ish and was told the speedway bars were backordered... I dont need it to continue working on the car so I havent been hounding him for it but if I had a completed car and was waiting on a bar Id be a little aggravated.
__________________
Chris
AutoWorks Middletown NJ
@autoworksnj
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 08-23-2018, 01:26 AM
vette427sbc's Avatar
vette427sbc vette427sbc is offline
United States | Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 783
My Photos: (0)
Default

Things got crowded on this side of the motor quick!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

The scavenge-out doesnt have the internal spring in it yet so it looks a bit flat in these pics...
Both of the -12 lines coming through the motor mount will be getting a heat sleeve and a titanium heat shield to protect from the headers.
The pressure-out from the filter housing will go forward along the frame rail to the oil cooler, then back up the drivers side to go into the block.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 09-09-2018, 05:21 PM
mfain's Avatar
mfain mfain is offline
United States | Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Las Vegas/Phoenix
Posts: 160
My Photos: (6)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette427sbc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfain View Post
Yes, it was Weld's car. I just ordered (through Sutton) a Speedway Engineering step-up front sway bar to get the high rate I need.

Pappy
Let me know when you get yours... I ordered my clip from Ron in December, received it february-ish and was told the speedway bars were backordered... I dont need it to continue working on the car so I havent been hounding him for it but if I had a completed car and was waiting on a bar Id be a little aggravated.
Got the sway bar - came as ordered. Ron said he got several custom bars in, so I suspect you probably got yours.

Pappy
__________________
Pappy

Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 09-15-2018, 04:15 PM
vette427sbc's Avatar
vette427sbc vette427sbc is offline
United States | Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 783
My Photos: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfain View Post

Got the sway bar - came as ordered. Ron said he got several custom bars in, so I suspect you probably got yours.

Pappy
It did come in, but as per the e-mail I got a few days ago its not looking good for Ron. A shame as I was really very happy with everything from him. Might have to see if I can privately contract him for suspension tuning/optimization once my car is more together...
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 09-16-2018, 01:29 AM
mfain's Avatar
mfain mfain is offline
United States | Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Las Vegas/Phoenix
Posts: 160
My Photos: (6)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette427sbc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfain View Post

Got the sway bar - came as ordered. Ron said he got several custom bars in, so I suspect you probably got yours.

Pappy
It did come in, but as per the e-mail I got a few days ago its not looking good for Ron. A shame as I was really very happy with everything from him. Might have to see if I can privately contract him for suspension tuning/optimization once my car is more together...
He told me he would work on suspension analysis through at least Dec.
The whole thing is a real shame, but that is the power of the internet.

Pappy
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 09-16-2018, 03:38 AM
Richard454 Richard454 is offline
United States | Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 148
My Photos: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette427sbc View Post
Things got crowded on this side of the motor quick!


Both of the -12 lines coming through the motor mount will be getting a heat sleeve and a titanium heat shield to protect from the headers.
The pressure-out from the filter housing will go forward along the frame rail to the oil cooler, then back up the drivers side to go into the block.
Looks good!!!!

I ended up using Earl's flameguard- looks to be nice quality stuff-

The other thing I am trying out is Federal Mogul Thermflex "basalt socks" for the exhaust-







Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 09-17-2018, 03:22 AM
69427's Avatar
69427 69427 is offline
United States | The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
Posts: 2,599
My Photos: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette427sbc View Post
Suspension and brakes are mostly done... Waiting on swaybars and the body to go on for the front coilover hoop. The transmission is getting a once over and maybe a few small upgrades; Now to pick out a drysump system for the 427

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
May I ask what material size/dimensions you have there on your lower A-arm crossmember? I suspect my crossmember is a bit overbuilt (novice overbuild syndrome), and I am considering doing some material removal on it over the winter for some weight savings.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 09-17-2018, 05:05 PM
vette427sbc's Avatar
vette427sbc vette427sbc is offline
United States | Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 783
My Photos: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69427 View Post

May I ask what material size/dimensions you have there on your lower A-arm crossmember? I suspect my crossmember is a bit overbuilt (novice overbuild syndrome), and I am considering doing some material removal on it over the winter for some weight savings.
The pivot point boxes are .25" plate... The x member is 1x3 square tube but Im not sure on the wall thickness.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 09-18-2018, 05:05 AM
SuperBuickGuy's Avatar
SuperBuickGuy SuperBuickGuy is offline
United States | Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,106
My Photos: (0)
Default

all I can say is I'll be treading a path that looks very similar to yours. So much so that I could be charged with plagiarism... most especially that cradle. With that said, there's only so many ways to skin a cat. Thanks for the inspiration.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 09-18-2018, 01:12 PM
vette427sbc's Avatar
vette427sbc vette427sbc is offline
United States | Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 783
My Photos: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
all I can say is I'll be treading a path that looks very similar to yours. So much so that I could be charged with plagiarism... most especially that cradle. With that said, there's only so many ways to skin a cat. Thanks for the inspiration.
Im flattered
Although I should say I didnt design the front frame rails, that was done by Ron Sutton and DMP fabrication. My ideas are from the ABS unit and rearward.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:34 PM.
 


Design by: vBulletin Skins Zone
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.