what does a p0102 low maf voltage mean?

JeffP1167

Does this mean the maf needs replacing? My car basically is surging really bad, breaks up at higher rpm to the point you cant pass anyone. Almost acts like it is starving for fuel.

Clean the maf and see what it does. Check ref voltage also

1 dummy here, how to clean a MAF, I did try to 'clean' one once, I used brake cleaner, the oil based good shit, not the crap detergent shit, and then blasted air into it, just noticed some dingy film came off, the wire looked still ok, so I reinstalled it, never noticed much diff in the engine performance....so I wonder....

:nuts::zzz:

was cleaned about 3 weeks ago with maf safe cleaner and it didnt have a code at that time. This just popped up yesterday and have never had a maf code on the car. Found a new delphi for a 100 bucks so will replace it.

was cleaned about 3 weeks ago with maf safe cleaner and it didnt have a code at that time. This just popped up yesterday and have never had a maf code on the car. Found a new delphi for a 100 bucks so will replace it.

Anyone know what a MAF SAFE 'cleaner' is ???

what am I dealing with??

I think I know the theory of the heated wire, and it being cooled by the passing air, and so computer gets the info.....but on cleaning it??

:mullet::surrender: