My 63 vert rebuild project

BangkokDean

I bought this 63 vert with both tops and a 327 4 speed. Geat body but needing a re build. here is what it looked like when I bought it last October.

Last edited:
First I removed all the suspension and dropped the gas tank. to clean and paint.

Last edited:
I had all the suspension parts power coated and rebuilt the diff and replaced the swing arms.

Installed a bigger dewits aluminium radiator with dual electric fans. Removed the dash and installed the Vintage air system.

Last edited:
stripped out the doors, re chromed the pillars and zinc plated the runners. re did the power window tracks, replaced the outer door handles and the inner support plates.

The dash I painted red and replaced the glove box door,lock and liner. Stripped and repainted the glove box supports.
Original

now

replaced the gauge lenses cleaned the gauges an replaced the temp gauge.
All new switches and knobs. painted the instrument cluster front and back.

Before

After

Last edited:
stripped the steering wheel and varnished it with two coats.

The column I sanded and re painted

Just finished painting the vert top bows and waiting for the new top,pads and tack strips.

Last edited:
very nice, is the rechroming process over there better then it is here?

I actually followed the old MG standard of painting the inside of the chromed bumpers

very nice, is the rechroming process over there better then it is here?

I actually followed the old MG standard of painting the inside of the chromed bumpers

I think the chromium in the states may be better as the shops have better equipment to check the thickness. But I am quite happy with the chrome here. I did paint the back sides Rustoleum silver.

The cost for the chrome on the bumpers was $114.00 for 4 pieces.

Cheers:hi:

Last edited:
looks great .

But where is the rebuild happening ? it looks like under a freeway overpass ? Aren't you worried about parts going missing ? There's quite a few American cars around there with a silver/grey c3 as well.

price is reasonable enough, i used the duplicolor wheel paint for the insides of mine over self etching primer

looks great .

But where is the rebuild happening ? it looks like under a freeway overpass ? Aren't you worried about parts going missing ? There's quite a few American cars around there with a silver/grey c3 as well.

There are several C3 under the express way shop. Also some people live there to watch over the shop.

I had bought replacement vinyl seat cover. But after stripping the seat frame I found rust so had to remove the springs and power coat the frames The interior shop will recreate the springs and foam.