Any OBD1 emmision (Air Injection) experts?

Garys 68

OK, I have an odd combination and want to know if I can delete the air injection system when installing headers.
It's a 98 Ford F53 motorhome, 460efi, OBD1 (emmisions exempt, no catalytic converter).
I found some headers but no provision for air injection. If I delete the air injection will I get a check engine light? Without the catalytic converter, it seems the only function of the air injection is for the first couple minutes of startup, so I'm not sure if the O2 sensor will detect anything.
Any thoughts?

Remove the air pump, it's useless anyway.....I seriously doubt any codes be set.....would have to be set off some air pressure monitor, I would think......

Not entirely sure about the no codes. The only references I can find are from applications with Catalytic converter.
I've found references where thermactor air codes come up even with the electronic control relays still hooked up. Apparently the O2 sensor detects the situation where air is fed to both the upstream (manifolds) and downstream (catalytic converter) circuits.
On an application like mine, only upstream is used at startup before the O2 sensor has warmed up.
Maybe try disconnecting the pump output tube and see if it pulls a code.

I had a couple of cars that the pump had locked up and was disconnected. I don't recall any codes.