Hood alignment after frame swap ('69)

Actually, those rubber bumpers that sit along the fender are for aligning the hood to the fender hights and the nose. It calls for 2 per side, and you place/cut them to fit per the service manual. After trying all kinds of other adjustments, I did what the book said, and the hood fit really well. Even the front...

I guess I could try that. I bought some once but the shop told me not to use they, they'd crack the hood. For some reason my year didn't come with them as I remember. If I do I think I'll wait until a good hot summer day and use smaller ones to gradually bring it up.

If you need the procedure from the book I can scan it for you. I don't think temp is gonna change much. If I had a choice between spending a few bucks (get the correct ones, not something generic) for these and trying it or breaking the fenders loose, I know which way I'd go first!

Good luck, let us know what happens!!

If you need the procedure from the book I can scan it for you. I don't think temp is gonna change much. If I had a choice between spending a few bucks (get the correct ones, not something generic) for these and trying it or breaking the fenders loose, I know which way I'd go first!

Good luck, let us know what happens!!

I got them from Ecklers. I never knew there was a procedure for doing it, thanks for the offer. If you feel like scanning it some time I'd love to have it.
[email protected]

Thank you! Bill

Here you go Bill, I was wrong, it's in the AIM not the service manual! Notice the difference in the shape of the bumpers at the top and farther down the fender. You have to cut them to size depending on how they fit your car. If I remember right, the Ecklers parts came with instructions. Sounds like a pain, but it's not bad at all.

And I emailed it to you.

Attachments

• Hood bumpers.jpg
    Hood bumpers.jpg
    914.3 KB · Views: 6