Big bucks

I could see a grand, considering shipping......

funny how that left fender has damage the same size and location as my old '60 vette just above where the bumper would go....same identical hole....same color too, what's left of it....wonder if it has stress cracks in the tire well from excess weight....

:bonkers::cry:

It's more the clear title and VIN than the shell that he is selling. I wonder just how legit that is????? You could have a worthless salvage/flood vehicle, switch VIN's and be back in the green.....

Bingo.... like a '68-'74 Birdcage for a C3.... incl. VIN ....

is it legal ? Dunno..... is it legal to swap a '72 body onto a '77 frame ? Is it legal to replace the frame with a aftermarket tubular frame and still register the car that is pieced together from 9 different cars as a '73 only because the birdcage is from a '73 ???

I guess as long as you're not using stolen parts it's legal....:smash::smash:

is it legal ? Dunno..... is it legal to swap a '72 body onto a '77 frame ? Is it legal to replace the frame with a aftermarket tubular frame and still register the car that is pieced together from 9 different cars as a '73 only because the birdcage is from a '73 ???

LOOK, any 1/2 way decent mechanical type can take any vin off any car and put it on another, there is NO WAY any .gov agency is going after some Xray anal y sis over some CAR.....be it a Tesla or a ROLLS....

honestly, it could be just glued with RTV long as the rivet heads looked clean and pass any state inspection....who in hell kidding WHO???

you got a paper, got a similar car, got the vin tag??? hell, no tag...MAKE ONE!!! big deal....

:eek::thumbs:

Cant be worse than those brand new body for chev 55 56 57 or Camaro , Mustang.

You have an old one, swap the cowl where the VIN is located and build the new body on it.

To do it 100% legally you must have it inspected and show receipts, titles etc and they will decide what it is going to be and put a state vin on the car. Their decision , for unknown reasons do not usually benefit the owner in value.

Even though the earlier vins were just attached with screws, it is illegal fool with them in any manner, shape or form for any reason. Federal laws. You cannot have them or the rossette rivits in your possesion unattached.
The states are responsible for administering the laws and they all have special units for this. They have their own special state vin tags that are supposed to be used and installed only by the police. You can change all kinds of numbered body parts, just don't touch the vin legally.
Somewhere around 78, the american car makers started putting numbers on all kinds of body parts to aid in theft prevention.
They primarily target large used parts dealers and chop shops. It's a huge business. If someone targets your car for them, they will come to see you.
We all know that it is commonly done with older restorations, but it is still illegal so save all your records and parts sources.
BTW, these guys do this 8 hours a day, you could fool a NCRS judge long before these guys.
Years ago, I had the state police come by several times in surprise checks and go thru vins on vehicles to see if they matched up themselves and also to the paperwork.
They knew where to look and sometimes didn't have to eyeball the numbers, just sand the metal a little and use the black dust and tape and it came off just like a fingerprint.