Tri power jet size questions

1Fordman

Putting the finishing touches on a soon to be installed tri-power. In reading the specs info in the factory chassis overhaul manual noticed the following.

400 and 435 stick shift applications use # 64 jets (which are in the primary carb now)

# 62 jets are listed in the secondary carbs yet they have no metering body so where are these # 62's hiding???

For the 400 and 435's with a Turbo 400 they list # 76 jets, why would the automatic cars have such larger jets if this is in fact true?

Does anyone by chance have a 1969 chassis overhaul manual that could look on the specs page Carburetor Section 6M and see what the 69 jet sizes are?

The secondary Holley 2bbl carbs have jet plates, very expensive to buy an assortment of these. I would go for a pair of these metering plates that accept regular Holley jets.

Link: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AED-6330/

I only wish these were avalible back in the days when I tuned on my MOPAR 440 SIXPACK. I would be a lot richer now as I bought a lot of jet plates and drilled them for better performance.

From the 69 Chevrolet Chassis Service Manual:
Tri power 400 HP & 435 HP
Center (Primary) Jet: 63 Manual, 61 Auto
End (Secondary) Jets: 76
----
Irish69427 over on CorvetteForum explained that the 76 Jet size noted in the Chassis Manual for the end carb is referring to the orifice size of .076 diameter, which corresponds to a 70 or 71 Jet. I agree with Irish69427 that a 76 Jet for the two end carbs is way too big. A 70 or 71 makes sense. Good luck with your Tri power set-up.

From the 69 Chevrolet Chassis Service Manual:
Tri power 400 HP & 435 HP
Center (Primary) Jet: 63 Manual, 61 Auto
End (Secondary) Jets: 76
----
Irish69427 over on CorvetteForum explained that the 76 Jet size noted in the Chassis Manual for the end carb is referring to the orifice size of .076 diameter, which corresponds to a 70 or 71 Jet. I agree with Irish69427 that a 76 Jet for the two end carbs is way too big. A 70 or 71 makes sense. Good luck with your Tri power set-up.

I actually got the correct info from a 69 manual, the 68 was a misprint as far as the jet sizes go. Solid LT-1's good info regarding the orfice plates in the end carbs with threaded holes to accept Holley jets will make playing with jetting much easier.

Thank you guys for taking the time to post the above, that's way more than I got from CF

Tri power will be going on soon, right now sorting out steering control valve issues and will be replacing the steering box with one of Gary's (GTR1999) blueprinted units.