United States | Phantom of the Opera

My Photos: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgian1979vette View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYBAD79 View Post
Can somebody shine some light on why Keisler is a BS company? Maybe they got worse since I dealt with them in 2006???? Back then their TKO kit was $4200 which is about $800 more than the parts are if you piecemeal it together and buy stuff on sale here and there, shop Ebay etc ..... That's what you pay if you want a complete and well fitting kit from one supplier and all the parts at one time ....
When I bought their kit I was tired of mesding with that stuff and I just had that 383 built... I wanted to drive the car so I paid the premium price for their kit.
Again, no issues, I thought they really had their together....
Take a look at the economy man, 06 was height of the housing bubble, people were building/fixing houses like MAD, now the only area that housing has not totally collapsed is in the grossly overpaid Wash DC/Maryland/NOVA region....the rest of the country is suffering.....and so is the demand for aftermarket conversions for old vettes/muscle cars.....I BET VBP sales are 1/2 today what they were in 06, certainly in quantity, and surely prices are UP too.....so looking at gross receipts meaningless in this case....

A lot of companies bit the dust, to name one : Crane.

Quality has gone down hill, prices up. Go figure.
Thought it was Competition Cams, a subsidiary of Crane, that went out....

maybe it's the other way around.....I am happy with the Cam I have, thanks to someone on this forum.....'-)))

Old 04-10-2015, 01:38 AM
United States | Huh?

My Photos: (140)
Default Update:

"Silver Sport Transmissions Buys Keisler's Assets....."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

I ordered my TKO600 from SST. Ben & Jeff were great about talking it over and helping me decide what I wanted/needed, with knowledge & patience and absolutely no sales pitches. I ordered it Monday, got it Friday. No back ordered parts, 100% complete and beautiful. I have yet to install it, but I am impressed & happy with dealing with them so far.

Update Edit:

The installation of the tranny went perfectly smooth. Every single part was there and fit perfectly. I didn't have to modify or dick with a single thing. The instructions were clear, easy to understand and complete, covering every aspect as well as potential problems. I had one question (about the neutral safety switch): I called and had it answered in 10 minutes. I needed the hydraulic throw-out bearing spacer (which the need for needs to be determined during installation): I called and it arrived in two days. I changed out the fluid during break in and it was as pure and clean as could be, no grit or machining debris. The trans works flawlessly, and after about a 1000 miles of driving is becoming smoother, easier to shift. I could not be happier with the whole experience. Their price, while seemingly high, is well, well worth it for the lack of hassle & the pleasure of dealing with them.

Last edited by JPhil; 02-27-2016 at 05:42 PM..
Old 01-06-2016, 09:52 PM
United States | n00b

My Photos: (0)

Silver Sport is great to deal with. Having heard all the stories about Keisler, I was initially a little reluctant to deal with them, but being highly dissatisfied with the treatment I got from an American Powertrain sales rep, I gave them a shot. I have dealt with them for probably a year and a half, buying multiple kits and transmissions for my customers, and I couldn't be happier with them. Parts ship quickly (I am in GA, and usually have them in 2 days), and they have always taken care of any issues (usually my fault) quickly. I am a dealer for them now, and will be glad to help anyone who needs parts for their 'vette or other projects.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:51 AM
United States | Phantom of the Opera

My Photos: (3)

Welcome to the motley crew, DAWG........