69-72 Steering wheel fix

Bullshark

Anyone have experience fixing a C3 steering wheel that has the center steel ring starting to protrude from the black grip?

174ca2b0a9b4354.jpg

Bullshark

Mine is the same way. Just happened one day. No idea of what worked loose, and no idea how to fix it, except to say I found a NOS one and have it sitting in a box for when I have a little motivation.

I don't know of any fix.
1)Replace it
2)Wrap it with a high quality leather glove. The good ones like on a Jag or Healey

I put on a late shark wheel instead.....smaller dia. thicker, more comfy to handle....it was a redone wheel from a Carlisle vendor.....Florida sun finally did in the padding....so there is a even smaller yet version on there now...

:thumbs:

Anyone have experience fixing a C3 steering wheel that has the center steel ring starting to protrude from the black grip?

Bullshark

You might holler at Chuck Pelton. I had him cover my '73 steering wheel in leather and he did a fantastic job. I believe he restores steering wheels as well. Here is the last phone number I had for him: 248 681-4336. He uses his real name as his username over on CF.

DC

Bullshark

You might holler at Chuck Pelton. I had him cover my '73 steering wheel in leather and he did a fantastic job. I believe he restores steering wheels as well. Here is the last phone number I had for him: 248 681-4336. He uses his real name as his username over on CF.

DC

I saw a wheel he wrapped in person last weekend and it looked really nice. I wouldn't mind having mine done. Not sure what it cost though.