Short Shifting ROD 6....

84rzv500r

Knows just enough to be dangerous!
Not RPM wise... LOL

Shortened my Shift Lever by 1.750 inches... and put a 5 degree angle to the driver side...

WOW... Much quicker shifts... not as much reach to 5-6 and reverse... much more natural feel for me...

Pics to follow...

Interested in pics of modified lever and how it fits in console, I have shortest version of Long straight lever, but find it to still have too much travel.

I also found the faceplate conversion of 1-2 and 3-4 to make the ROD a much better transmission to shift given how heavy the gears are.

2244c19873a1a4e1.jpg
[/IMG]

Phil

Interested in pics of modified lever and how it fits in console, I have shortest version of Long straight lever, but find it to still have too much travel.

I also found the faceplate conversion of 1-2 and 3-4 to make the ROD a much better transmission to shift given how heavy the gears are.

Phil

Ok I am in Cambridge to day working at Harvard and MIT but I can get some pics this weekend... I am using a copy of the stock vette shifter... with a dummy reverse lockout... the ROD is a stout transmission but the shifter through was worse than my roadranger LOL

I can measure the total height... I dont have a center console in the car... just gonna speckle paint and carpet the tubs. I would have taken pics but the shifter worked so much better i spent the afternoon tearing up some swoopy 2 lanes...