johnnyjturbines

Greetings.. I recently ( like yesterday) bought a 1963 Split Window Coupe with numbers matched FI engine. The car is currently set up with a carb, but all the original Rochester FI and distributor parts are in a box. I want to return the car back to FI, as I live a 9,000 MSL. Can anyone provide a recommendation for a reliable shop to send the Rochester FI and distributor off to for rebuild and set up?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Welcome to the motley crew.....

I have FI on my '72, but it's a tad newer.....sorry I can't help out on the older systems, but I did have a friend in the late 60's that had a garage full of them, but I not kept up with any of that old Rochester stuff.....

:zzz:

Welcome aboard. Whew - 9000 MSL - must be in Colorado? Only part time driving I suspect - but sounds like a VERY enjoyable acquisition.
Cheers - Jim

Greetings.. I recently ( like yesterday) bought a 1963 Split Window Coupe with numbers matched FI engine. The car is currently set up with a carb, but all the original Rochester FI and distributor parts are in a box. I want to return the car back to FI, as I live a 9,000 MSL. Can anyone provide a recommendation for a reliable shop to send the Rochester FI and distributor off to for rebuild and set up?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

First, welcome to VetteMod! Second, back when I used to live in Indiana there was a guy named Jack Podell who was always at all the big swap meets with a collection of his rebuilt FI units. Don't know if he's still doing it or if he's retired.

Welcome! I used to know several guys that were all really good with mechanical injection but time has taken its toll. You might try Hillborn, they make stack type injectors but I recall they worked on the old Chevy stuff too. I will nose around a bit and let you know if I come up with something