70 to 81 "F" body under hood and chassis paint

BRUTAL64

Neanderthal
Anyone know of a book or refernence material on what paint was used under hood and chassis parts -colors for firewall, inner fenders, and suspension parts ( rear axle, springs etc. ).

I don't not have the paint codes/color for these areas.

Thanks.:sos:

It's just some kind of semi gloss black, nothing special. Knowing GM it was probably the cheapest paint they could get their hands on...as long as it was black.....

It's just some kind of semi gloss black, nothing special. Knowing GM it was probably the cheapest paint they could get their hands on...as long as it was black.....

Believe it or not, GM used different shades of black depending on the part painted. This is what I need. I have the info for the First Gen, don' t have it for the second Gen. :beer:

The 73 F body I had, GM didn't paint anything under the car. By '76 you could get in the back seat and never open a door. Bad grade of beer cans. It just rotted away,:ill:

After a quick thumb through I only see one book mentioning the color for specific components.
"BIG BOOK of CAMARO DATA 1967-1973" John R. Hooper ....pages 157-158

Does have a very small section titled "Component Finishes" but does not give any codes.

Here are just a few examples.....

Semi-Flat Black Paint:
Firewall
Fender wells

Black Oxide:

Fender bolts
Bumper Brackets

Under Body of Car:
Under the hood area was painted black.
The subframe received semi-gloss black paint.

If this info looks to be helpful I can scan the pages and email them to you later tonight.
PM me if so. :thumbs:

John

After a quick thumb through I only see one book mentioning the color for specific components.
"BIG BOOK of CAMARO DATA 1967-1973" John R. Hooper ....pages 157-158

Does have a very small section titled "Component Finishes" but does not give any codes.

Here are just a few examples.....

Semi-Flat Black Paint:
Firewall
Fender wells

Black Oxide:

Fender bolts
Bumper Brackets

Under Body of Car:
Under the hood area was painted black.
The subframe received semi-gloss black paint.

If this info looks to be helpful I can scan the pages and email them to you later tonight.
PM me if so. :thumbs:

John

Perfect!!! That'll work. PM sent.:D