TBI Fuel regulator in the throttle body?

enkeivette

With this crossfire setup, do I just need to pump 18-20psi into the line and not worry about regulating it?

How good is the regulator? Can I use a ford truck fuel pump that puts out more like 45psi? Will it regulate it down?

Looking for an inline junkyard fuel pump option. The stock pump is an in the tank pump so I can't use it.

Regulator is pretty bullet proof, can be made adjustable or bought adjustable. Or removed, swapped w/ an accumulator from anotehr pass. side TB and use external press. regulator. You only need 10-14psi.

Don't use 45 psi, injector will lock up, hydrolocking the engine. You can use any pump, also a tpi or lt1 pump, in fact those are recommended since the stock pump is only marginally able to make the flow required. A tpi pump will simply work, regulated to proper pressure by the regulator.

Regulator is pretty bullet proof, can be made adjustable or bought adjustable. Or removed, swapped w/ an accumulator from anotehr pass. side TB and use external press. regulator. You only need 10-14psi.

Don't use 45 psi, injector will lock up, hydrolocking the engine. You can use any pump, also a tpi or lt1 pump, in fact those are recommended since the stock pump is only marginally able to make the flow required. A tpi pump will simply work, regulated to proper pressure by the regulator.

I agree. I'm using an LT1 pump in my '84 with good results.

The TPI fuel pumps aren't higher than 45psi? Are any of them inline?

The TPI fuel pumps aren't higher than 45psi? Are any of them inline?

IF you block the return line, dead heading the pump, they will clock 60 psi....

it's a trick I use to clear the regulator, back when I had fuel problems....

Pump creates flow, not pressure. Pressure is the result of pushing a volume through a restriction, in other words flow through a regulator. The reg. is nothing more than a spring loaded restriction. Max pump rating is dead head pressure, the result of cramming a volume in a blocked off line or container.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk