New Crossfire Manifold!!

SCHWIIINGGGGGGGG!!! I want to see some larger pics, and how much will it run? Looks like a Hogans piece.

Guys, help me with this. As an owner of a (previously crossfire equipped) '84, I don't understand the attraction for this setup. Outside of WOT conditions, I don't see any upside of this versus the stock manifold. Under 99% of driving, you still have the wierd fueling issue where the injectors alternately fire side to side, but the firing order/air intake of a sbc is not an alternating side to side phenomenon. This type of manifold with carbs makes sense, as the fuel is continually fed into both sides, but alternating injectors just seems inaccurate for even fuel distribution to all cylinders.
IIRC, the description mentions something about a larger plenum volume. With a carb setup, this generally means softer throttle response (usually not good). However, with the alternating TBI fuel delivery, does the larger volume help mask the fuel distribution problem of the original manifold? I'm hoping, as that's the only upside I can think of.
Just my thoughts. Any technical insight would be appreciated.

Why invest more money in a Crossfire setup. It's like pouring money down the drain. I should have dunn it sooner. I was just to hard headed to give up.:lol::lol:

Here are a couple of pic's for the enquiring minds to confirm the Renegade does exist. Intersting item is someone (on another forum) actually thought the Renegade was nothing more than a photoshop rendering.

To the Crossfire naysayers "try it you might like it". The Crossfire debate is pointless. Seriously, we have spent a lot of time on correcting the deficencies of original manifold. Are they 100% solved well no - they never will be. Given the design critera of "OE Replacement" we were limited in what we could do. To answer the question "Why?" how does 20 rear wheel hp over the XRam sound. We just bolted it on, balanced the TBs and put it on the dyno. No tweaks to the tune. Just blow and go. Also increased the 1/4 mile speed by 5 mph.. ET was a little slower because of traction issues - actually the lack of and that is a first.

Also for what it is worth - the crossfire injectors are a batch fired and not sequential. Electrically they are wired seperately but the ECM fires them concurrently.

Please note that we are not releasing any internal pics or technical specs at this time. The reason for this is the design is not 100% finalized - we are still tweaking things. But here is some basic info.

• Runner cross sectional area is presently approx 30% larger.
  • There is a 20% taper from inlet to outlet.
  • True Crossram design style with optimized runner configuration but modified for our application.
  • The outlet is slightly smaller than a 1205 gasket. This is done to make sure there are no leaks and a good seal is obtained.
  • Plenum area is 20% larger than stock.
  • True OE design on the top plate. All brackets are in their stock locations. Just bolt it on and everything is located where it should be.
  • Same overall height as the stock manifold.
  • EGR is built in if it is needed.
  • No issues with removing valve covers.

We decided to use my 84 as the mule because of the hood clearance concerns. 82 Vettes are roomier in the engine compartment.

Dry Fit
dryfit1.jpg

All plumm'd up and ready to go.
Installed%20Man%20Pass.jpg

To the Crossfire naysayers "try it you might like it".

I couldn't agree more. I love my Crossfire (completely stock). The reasons I love it? It runs great, excellent acceleration, performance, and fuel economy.

Well, if it's such a great-running car, why would I want the new manifold? Something I learned a long time ago..... never turn down 20+ horsepower for an easy bolt-on that's a reasonable price! :)

One added note... twin throttle body injectors, IMO, are a much more efficient system than a carb. A very nice setup. (My opinion... don't be hatin'!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
To the Crossfire naysayers "try it you might like it".
I couldn't agree more. I love my Crossfire (completely stock). The reasons I love it? It runs great, excellent acceleration, performance, and fuel economy.

Well, if it's such a great-running car, why would I want the new manifold? Something I learned a long time ago..... never turn down 20+ horsepower for an easy bolt-on that's a reasonable price! :)

One added note... twin throttle body injectors, IMO, are a much more efficient system than a carb. A very nice setup. (My opinion... don't be hatin'!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

:withstupid: I agree!!

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd pop in and see what all the fuss was about this new manifold and all. :devil:

Well, as you can see, its for real, no smoke and mirrors kind of thing, no photoshop and lastly not just some claims by myself or Jim. It does work and we will be posting data on results when we are ALL finished with the testing and start the production phase.

I will say, that I'm glad to see that there is interest in CFI again with a lot of people. Our goal was to create something that really performs on a CF motor and also make it look somewhat stock in apperance...and I think we've accomplished that with the Renegade manifold. We have gone through a lot of trouble to make this project happen and a lot of conversations with engineers as well to get it right the first time. C'mon, you have to admit that it feels really good to blow away a C5 with a CF. Well, I do everytime! :)

As Jim has briefly pointed out above, we have made some significant changes over the stock manifold and it definatley flows WAY better than the XRam ever thought about flowing.

• Runner cross sectional area is presently approx 30% larger.
  • There is a 20% taper from inlet to outlet.
  • True Crossram design style with optimized runner configuration but modified for our application.
  • The outlet is slightly smaller than a 1205 gasket. This is done to make sure there are no leaks and a good seal is obtained.
  • Plenum area is 20% larger than stock.
  • True OE design on the top plate. All brackets are in their stock locations.
  • Just bolt it on and everything is located where it should be.
  • Same overall height as the stock manifold.
  • EGR is built in if it is needed.
  • No issues with removing valve covers.

Thanks for all your support guys. :drink:
P.S. You have mail Marck!

Last edited:
how come everyones ignoreing the ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!

HOW MUCH DOES THE COMPLETE , UPGRADED INTAKE AND LARGER TB COMBO COST TO BUY AND WHATS THE DELIVERY TIME

HOW MUCH DOES THE COMPLETE , UPGRADED INTAKE AND LARGER TB COMBO COST TO BUY AND WHATS THE DELIVERY TIME

They are still working on it, I think it's a pre production scoop...at least that's the message I get from the pics above.

From what i got out his post,is that they are still doing some research and putting numbers together,no since putting a price tag on something until you are ready to market it.

Hey Grumpy, We are not at the price/delivery stage yet. We are planning on being at that stage sometime in Q1. We will be posting more details on everything as it becomes available. Thanks for the interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
C'mon, you have to admit that it feels really good to blow away a C5 with a CF. Well, I do everytime!

You had me till here.

LOL...I've done it to the 2004 C5s that are 350HP with no problem, man do they get pissed off when they see the badge on the fender...Crossfire Injection. :D What I'm not talking about here is the modded C5/C6 or Z06s, thats a different story, but then there's always the 454sb CF I want to build and then things may be different. :yahoo:

We finished testing on Phil's 82 with a 130k on the motor.......

He gained 33hp and 16 ftlbs tq to the rear wheels. Not to shabby for a couple of SOBs who don't listen to the Crossfire naysayers or the folks who say "why bother". There is also a considerable improvement in part throttle. Needless to say it works. Fuel puddling is also reduced considerably but not 100% eliminated.

WOW! Has it been that long since this was updated? CRAP!

Anyway, as some of you know we have completed the Renegade project and it works real nice. If any of you know Ben73 in Australia, he has a 84CF with the Renegade on it now. He did have the XRam, but swapped it out recently.

His car was a consistant 12.50s 1/4 mile ET car with the XRam on it. When he swapped out the XRam and put the Renegade on, he noticed that the motor was now breathing better and running lean. He increased the FP by 10% and the entire VE table by 10% and thats it.

He blasted the car down the track and ran a new best time of 12.26 @110mph and had an ignition issue to boot. He also ran consistantly 12.2X all night. So he dropped his ET consiatantly by almost 3 tenths. Not bad for a car that already ran pretty good and drop another 3 tenths with just a manifold change. :thumbs:

Ben has replaced the dizzy and says the car is running better than ever and hopefully with any luck from mother nature it won't rain and he can blast the car again and more than likely set even more new best times. I personally think he can drop it to 12.15 or there abouts. I'd love to see him bust 11.99 just once, but that may be wishful thinking, but with a cam change, I think he can do it.

No matter which way you look at it, Ben is hauling ass with a all motor CF and is the World's Fastest CF on the planet. AWESOME Ben! :thumbs::thumbs:

Buccaneer, site suggestion: when I click on gallery, I see pics of cars, not the manifold. It would be cool to see pics of the bottom and inside of the manifold to see the machine work.

Not that I want one, just saying.