1990 no ignition power to bose CDM

JeffP1167

Basically the wire that supplies ignition power to my CDM is dead and when I press the volume button on my head unit to turn it on the clock displays for a few seconds the goes away. If I take and run a jumper wire to the ignition feed wire at the CDM the radio comes right on. I've checked the radio fuse and it is fine.

Anybody had this problem before? Could the bose power amp relay be the cause? Cananyone post a picture of this specific circuit from a fsm so I can get this issue fixed?

I have a 90 and 91 fsm but not here.

Under the pass side hush panel (under dash) there's a little fuse box, maybe the problem is located there. I know for sure the power locks are on that fuse box there.

I think the clock display for a few seconds is normal even with the ignition off.

Maybe ... but test light shows no ignition power at cdm but it does have battery power. If I run a battery feed jumper wire to the cdm the radio comes right on.

IF you have a fuse panel on the pass side of the dash corner, with a hatch panel facing the pass door, you maybe have some water in that panel, it's famous for electrical failures in that location....you maybe have a corroded connection on the load side of a fuse, and you think it's good to the radio....

I seen several C4's with troubles in those panels, a couple of them actually FIRE evidence....

:surrender:;)

so its the radio fuse there that supplies ignition power to the cdm?

dunno, but you need examine every thing you can see there, remove the panel itself if necessary to get to the backside, you maybe well see corrosion....

or pull the fuses to see what if/what....

:shocking:

so its the radio fuse there that supplies ignition power to the cdm?

dunno, but you need examine every thing you can see there, remove the panel itself if necessary to get to the backside, you maybe well see corrosion....

or pull the fuses to see what if/what....

:shocking:

I can put a feed wire in where that fuse goes to give the cdm the ignition power so I at least know there is power there. But when I turn ignition off the radio stays on so seems like to me that fuse is really a battery fed fuse probably for memory. Nothing looks butchered in the harness over there so doubt changes were made by a previous owner ... however a after market radio was in the car when I bought it but the positive side they did it with a special adapter harness that the cdm wires plugged into so they actually didn't cut any of the origibnal wire involved with the bose radio.

I am positive the car came with bose because it has the "U1F" rpo which is for the bose gold with CD/cassette player.