zorathezman has arrived

where to find front spoiler info?

Im not sure where to post this but here goes. I want to know if anyone has fabricated a custom front spoiler for C3 corvettes.

Welcome to the motley crew.....

All you all going to laugh, but if you look at a stock '72 shark front spoiler, it's nothing more than a piece of black plastic about 2" wide....

me being cheep and all, I took some black garden border edging left over from wifey type projects...and so cut it down and rounded off the ends, fastened in place....slightly lower than OEM....

:3rd::clobbered::harhar:

front spoiler thanks!

Hey guys,

thanks for the replies. When i picked up the 76, the front spoiler was missing. Im trying to keep the under hood temps low. I already have the Dewitts rad and dual fan setup with a 60 degree thermo. I feel as though the temp just sky rockets to about 195 in a matter of minutes. I want to see if the application of the spoiler will keep it 5 or so degrees cooler.

Hey guys,

thanks for the replies. When i picked up the 76, the front spoiler was missing. Im trying to keep the under hood temps low. I already have the Dewitts rad and dual fan setup with a 60 degree thermo. I feel as though the temp just sky rockets to about 195 in a matter of minutes. I want to see if the application of the spoiler will keep it 5 or so degrees cooler.

Seems that removing the front tag and mounting hardware will aid cooling much more than anything else.....on MY car upon moving to Florida 14 years ago....had NO front spoiler, and a normal tag bracket with a '87 vette cover over it for a while.....engine ran hot...removed front tag and all the assorted BS, and it was fine.....years later I put on the cheep spoiler, it's a style thing, noticed NO difference in running temps at speed.....

maybe my envelope is not pushed FAR enough....dunno...

:clobbered:

Hey guys,

When I bought my car it had no spoiler on it at all. Not even the factory rubber "lip". I made this spoiler and dropped the rad temps by 30* according to one of those temp gauge radiator caps.
DSCF1070.jpg

Ive got a stock radiator with some ebay electric fans and it has no overheating problems at all.
I just swapped this one out for the one that BBShark posted.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys.

I think Im going to try the Ecklers front spoiler (PN 10291) mentioned in corvette fever magazine's article online. Im looking for more pictures with that one installed first. I dont want it to throw off the flow of the cars design. VEtte427sbc, I like the look of that front end. I think I saw some pics the other day detailing your process mocked up in cardboard. Might go that route if a friend of mine comes through at a fab shop. Thanks to all who replied. If anyone has any pics showing the ecklers spoiler installed and painted from some different angles, I would appreciate seeing them.