New Shop

Well, I couldn't resist.... Closing on a new shop Friday! It's only 9,800 square feet (7,700 main shop, and 2,100 office and storage)! The wife and I spent all weekend cleaning and pressure washing the floor getting ready to move all the tools, equipment, and 5 vette projects.... I really need to sort the excess and get organized after the move.....

Welcome to the motley crew....

Love to see pix of your projects there, ALL of them, this is a hotrod crew here, we appreciate good efforts on machinery....if you have a killer shop, love to see pix of it too....always open for new ideas......

:smash::smash::thumbs:

Hey, welcome! This is the place for guys who are willing to get their hands dirty.

And even some guys that get dirty because they just fall down a lot of the time.
:lol:

I have lots of time to look at some new projects, pls post some threads about them.

Humm not long ago, a good "french friend" of mine took a wild guess on the color I was painting the little lathe I'm rebuilding.

He guessed righfully that I was painting it RED..... so the blood wont be too apparent on on it....

I dont fall much but apparently I take the old saying "built with blood sweat and tears " seriously lol

Well, I couldn't resist.... Closing on a new shop Friday! It's only 9,800 square feet (7,700 main shop, and 2,100 office and storage)! The wife and I spent all weekend cleaning and pressure washing the floor getting ready to move all the tools, equipment, and 5 vette projects.... I really need to sort the excess and get organized after the move.....

What a tease. Pictures required, and welcome.

He guessed rightfully that I was painting it RED..... so the blood wont be too apparent on on it....

I dont fall much but apparently I take the old saying "built with blood sweat and tears " seriously lol

I really don't know why, but I seriously don't feel pain anymore, not minor shit anyway....burn my arms on headers, nothing....cut to the point of flowing blood, nothing.....bruise my arms....nothing.....get bug bites...scratch the hell out of them...PAIN.?? nothing....

I think it's related to over all tolerance due to shitty skeleton...arthur Rong us.....

:crutches:

Nontheless, I long ago vowed to never do any machining after going to the pub!!!!!:mobeer:

Seriously, I had to learn that the hard way....:sweat:

Wait a minute, you're advertising your shop without being a forum's sponsors, that's not how it's supposed....

....Oh wait, wrong forum:rofl:

More seriously, bring in the pics.

Shop Move

Well 14 people attended the shop move... I want to thank all that participated! I forgot how much crap that I've accumulated! Luckily a company that I've done work for in the past loaned me a 1 ton dually flatbed, 35 foot trailer, and forklift all for the cost of one employee! Money well spent!
We managed to move 95% of the shop in 15 hours total....
We palletized EVERYTHING, and move all 5 vettes.... they look so much better in line than parked nose to tail! Almost like a true Vette shop!
I bought a large down draft paint booth with the shop, and the body shop next door offered me 8 grand- profit of 6k! I would like to keep, but it will be a while before I need the booth, and it takes up a LOT of space (18 x 30)!