Cgarging 81's AC

GT6Steve

Hey Amigos,

I own gauges and a big bottle of R12 left over from the olden days. Can you tell me how to combine the set into the 81 Corvette?:kissass:

Not sure what you mean by combine.
If you want to charge the system, vacuum it till you see 29 on the gauge, turn off valves, stop pump and see if you have leaks. If no leaks vacuum as long as you can, I do my own stuff overnite.
Shut valves off, disconnect pump and connect r12, loosen feed fitting at gauge to purge the feed line, then slowly fill system till you get around 70psi, start compressor, let run for 10 minutes and SLOWLY fill, watching the sight glass until bubbles disappear. Run another 15 minutes to stabilize and check sight glass.
Shut down and wait 10 minutes before taking lines off.

Not sure what you mean by combine.
If you want to charge the system, vacuum it till you see 29 on the gauge, turn off valves, stop pump and see if you have leaks. If no leaks vacuum as long as you can, I do my own stuff overnite.
Shut valves off, disconnect pump and connect r12, loosen feed fitting at gauge to purge the feed line, then slowly fill system till you get around 70psi, start compressor, let run for 10 minutes and SLOWLY fill, watching the sight glass until bubbles disappear. Run another 15 minutes to stabilize and check sight glass.
Shut down and wait 10 minutes before taking lines off.

No sight glass on 81 noonie.

OK, then he'll have to use the gauges,
@ 80° ambient, he should be around 25-28psi to get the evap workable coldest.