WinALDL Help Needed

Dirtbuster1

Does anyone have baseline data that is considered good for comparison. I would post some data, but my Laptop with Vista wants to hide the data from me. I can't copy or save the stored data. I need help to fiqure out what my problem might be.

Help

I don't know if this is going to work. I'm going to attach a file. The O2 raw data = 0?

I might be wrong, but this don't look right!:confused2:

Last edited:
Hey DBuster, you did right there with the file posting than I was EVER able to get anything to .commmmmm for me when messing with a Mega Squirt system.....how in hell you do that???

Buster,
To begin with, I would try to get to the bottom of the IAC question. To do this I would simplify the data log to include the following parameters
IAC position
RPM
CTS ---engine coolant temp
TPS

O2 sensor, closed loop, open loop has no control over IAC position. Start the car and let it idle until it reaches full operating temp. Hit the throttle a couple of times, one gradual the other fast. Record all this if you can. This should tell us how the IAC is operating durning idle as it warms up.

Bullshark & TT

I do have the correct ECM selected. That is the stock 82 ECM. I also have a 6026 but I have not collected data with it yet. I just got some updated runs with WinALDL. I have got cold to hot readings.

Bullshark asked me to get different types of data samples. While collecting the data, 2 things jumped out at me. At a steady RPM of 3200 the IAC stopped counting & the TPS voltage went to 9.8 volts. I thought that it had a max of 5 volts.

Will update as soon as I move the files.

Thanks

Bullshark & TT

I do have the correct ECM selected. That is the stock 82 ECM. I also have a 6026 but I have not collected data with it yet. I just got some updated runs with WinALDL. I have got cold to hot readings.

Bullshark asked me to get different types of data samples. While collecting the data, 2 things jumped out at me. At a steady RPM of 3200 the IAC stopped counting & the TPS voltage went to 9.8 volts. I thought that it had a max of 5 volts.

Will update as soon as I move the files.

Thanks

That makes NO sense, the only thing that can cause the TPS to go THAT high is for the 5 volt line to short to the 12 volt line.....makes me wonder if there is a short in the harness where the Idle air motors are shorting to the TPS high? or at least signal side wire.....which would say to ME, you need take that harness apart to see every damn wire in it, clean from computer to sender/sensor....

Looks to me like you are not getting good data. Not much changing going on on critical parameters (MAP, CT, with some large jumps sample to sample. in the middle. IAC stuck on 0 ????

Looking at these, I am reminded why I appreciate my Accel Calmap aftermarket software. :stirpot:

Sorry, I'm not going to be much help with these.

Bullshark

Is there any other software from the WinALDL site that might work? MAybe I will go change ECM's ( 6026 ) and see if the data changes.

Thanks

Results,

Changed computers based on Bullsharks evaluation of the data. Installed the "6026" model and I got no data. Just a prom update. Played with the cable settings some & still no results. Went and drove the car a couple of miles & still nothing.:sick: Got home and got my 3rd ECM out. Same results nothing updating. Then the engine tone changed.:shocking: The IAC motors started working. Both sides ran all the way in. That was a 1st. So I took for a drive for about 5 miles and it started running better. The computer never updated. I think there must be something wrong with the cable settings or the program settings.

Anyway at idle both of the IAC motors are in, & when accelerating you can here them opening up & sucking air. All might not be completely well, but a big improvement.

Thanks for all of the help!:thumbs:

:beer:

JoBy here on the forum wrote winaldl he may be able to help you with the settings.

However, the data you are getting is completely unlike what i was getting with diacom and my home made interface cable. WinALDL is a much nicer program that the old dos based diacom junk.

Here are some new files from WINALDL. These where taken with the 6026 ECM. I had to short A & B to get the data. Please take a look to see if this looks right.

Thanks

Last edited: