ECM harness connector: Differences for AT and MT?

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
Just curious if the same or different ECM connector is used for the '84 model year. The ECM is a different P/N for auto and manual, but is the connector mechanically the same/interchangeable?

Thanks,
Mike

Yes, the edge card connectors are the same.

The wiring would most likely be different though. The lockup wiring will be used for an upshift light if the car has one.

I used to hav the pinout conn. diagrams for both the 84 setups, lemme se if I still have them.

Yes, the edge card connectors are the same.

The wiring would most likely be different though. The lockup wiring will be used for an upshift light if the car has one.

I used to hav the pinout conn. diagrams for both the 84 setups, lemme se if I still have them.

Thanks for the info, Marck. I appreciate it.

I have the wiring harness pinout and ECM schematics, so I've got the electrical info I need. I was just thinking on looking for a parted out '84 (manual trans, but if the connectors are the same for an auto car then the partscar population increases) to get the harness connector piece to use as a bench mechanical piece to save me from continually walking out to the barn to see if the edge card connectors I'm trying to make will fit the '84 harness.

Thanks again,
Mike

Is that edge card connector some super special GM piece or something they found that would work for the application? If you can get a AMP/Molex/or ? part number could one of the electronics houses order you one? Be easier than trying to salvage yard one.

Is that edge card connector some super special GM piece or something they found that would work for the application? If you can get a AMP/Molex/or ? part number could one of the electronics houses order you one? Be easier than trying to salvage yard one.

The connectors (two per ECM harness) are Packard parts, and they're keyed a couple different ways to only fit on the correct half of the ECM PCB edge. One of the two connectors seems to fit several of the various ECMs I have laying around, while the other is different in width and keying than that required with the other ECMs. So, I'm currently halfway towards getting a pair of connectors to do the board fitment tests.

I know a 84 vette ecm will work in a 82-83 f-body with crossfire. So don't think the pigtails were unique from auto to manual.