custom head lights,closing up stock openings

Miss Mako

Hey guys i was wanting to know a how to do on closing up the factory headlight opening to make it seamless and what if any thing i'll have to remove to get these custom one's i'm making in that spot.I know that all pop up eq. with have to be removed but is there any braces i need to know about? I wanted to do a tilt one piece hood -clip but i couldn't make a deal work out to get the one i wanted to me ...So need less to say i'm back with my or. plan of making it in stages from the factory parts....for right now i wanna do the headlights...may be replace the front bumper cover w/ fiberglass one and bond it in making it seamless to get a smoother cleaner look on the front end..... here are the photos of where i'm starting from...the housing i got coming in mail...i'm using the 2000-2005 toyo.celica housing...like that is shown on a blue 80 c-3 but thinking of placing then more inboard of the fender then where they have them placed right on the body line of the fender...what cha think? good -bad and problems in placing them here ect. thanks for any help....

Attachments

• custom corvette 029.jpg
    custom corvette 029.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 74
  • custom corvette 028.jpg
    custom corvette 028.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Hey those look like they will lay against the body contour nicely. They look like they are pointing towards the middle too much though. Will there be enough adjustment to get the lights pointed the right direction?

I haven't cut nothing at this point,just placing them at different heights on the fenders to see what looked the best...I don't know what or if any adjustment is made into the toyo. housing for the linement of the lights if i keep them sitting at the angle....the housings i got coming in mail are used...i'll buy new ones once i fig everything out with using the old ones first..I do like the aggessive look that they give the face on the car sitting like posted.When i get the housing here i'll look for any adjustment and make I posting for others to know if they like how this mod turns out..I also thought that placing them more inboard the fender would be a better mounting place instead of like the blue 80 has them mounted right in the bonding strip area of the fender...wouldn't that make for a weak front end fiberglass wize that would be highly prone to cracks???

Hey MissMako........................ did you ever do anything more with these headlights ??? I bought a set to install on a 71 project and have come to the realization that they just won't work !!! To flow with the body line, you have to twist them inward too much...... and from side to side, the inside sits way too high to flow with the fenders , since the Celica hood tapers down to the fenders whereas the vette fenders rise up to the edge........ opposite angle !

Whatever happened with that tilt front end ??? The one with the dual headlights............ It was gorgeous !!!!

further apart, and can the bottom edge go at the same angle as the bumper seam or even straight across? otherwise its a great idea.