More metal flakes :)

MYBAD79

Decided to paint the fuel rail covers, black plastic was kinda boring.... a while ago I ordered metal flakes from "paintwithpearl" on Ebay, awesome stuff. I used these metal flakes on my '79 when I painted it back in 2006.

This time I went a little crazy with the flakes: red base, one coat clear with medium red flakes, one coat with darker red flakes and another coat with chrome flakes, then topcoated with 3 coats clear....

The photos don't show all the "BLING" ... I have to be careful opening the hood in bright sunlight :rofl:

214c4c5e3aded48.jpg
214c4c5e3b49e8a.jpg
214c4c645d11388.jpg

Last edited:
They're pretty rigid but the driver side flexes where the line passes thru.... powdercoat might not be flexible enough, dunno.....

Was it a lot of work to put that LSx series in your car? I can buy a cheap LS camaro for cheap so pondered wit the idea for my 82.

Was it a lot of work to put that LSx series in your car? I can buy a cheap LS camaro for cheap so pondered wit the idea for my 82.

that's my 2006 vert, it came with the LS2 :amused:

LS swaps are relatively simple, should have done it when I installed the 383 and TKO in my '79.... would have been cheaper as well :banghead:

that's my 2006 vert, it came with the LS2 :amused:

LS swaps are relatively simple, should have done it when I installed the 383 and TKO in my '79.... would have been cheaper as well :banghead:

Oh sorry, when I first saw this thread I was tired and saw the blue fenders and assumed it was car in your avatar thing.