How not to "fix" a rear spindle

MYBAD79

This probably qualifies for the 2012 Bubba award....

This spindle thread stripped some time before I bought my '79.... when I took this apart in 2004/2005 I found the spindle nut loose on the stripped threads... not repairable ... at the time I just wanted to get the car on the road and implemented this "temporary" fix : put a huge C-clamp on the nut and pressed it tight against the flange, then welded the nut to the spindle.
Now it's finally being replaced with my rebuilt TA assemblies.... funny thing is this wheel bearing is running smooth, doesn't make any noise and there's no excessive play.... :tomato::rofl::rain::clobbered:

214f2589124a702.jpg
214f2589126f4c8.jpg

If your interested I have one brand new NOS GM rear spindle....not exactly cheap but it`s USA made and genuine GM in the box....send a PM.

If your interested I have one brand new NOS GM rear spindle....not exactly cheap but it`s USA made and genuine GM in the box....send a PM.

i have two trailing arms that I rebuilt two years ago, this is a hopefully simple swap..... I will however rebuild these trailing arms that I am removing at some point in the future... too bad you don't have two spindles.....