C3/4/5 frankenstein frame

I understand just a little of what you are describing. I am amazed at how modern OEM vehicle components and aftermarket can me mixed/matched and communicate with each other.

Very cool.

this has become easier... as more manufacturers use the same suppliers, standardization really has been a bonus for the tinkerer.

Thanks all! Yes flares in the future... it's going to be tough to make this rear view as subtle as I want it to be :suspicious:

Progress has been a bit slower than hoping for, but the quality of the work is so worth it. some Progress has been made on the cage, the halo And harness bars are welded in. if You've ever worn a helmet in a C3 with the r tops on, you know how tight it is… my request Was to make the halo as tight as humanly possible so that I've got max clearance from bar to noggin. Came out great in my opinion! This is 1.75x.095
5577CDB9-1A33-4F99-9046-DD0D6CCA49D2.jpeg8DD0FA19-2F31-4AF0-B1AC-6275F4125935.jpeg242677EF-A24D-4E82-B3EE-FC1E423BE42E.jpeg
hopefully some more updates soon!

Looks good. Nice job conforming the bar to the top. Interested to see how you will configure the forward windshield supports.

Unfortunately no progress on the corvette, still at the fab shop. So I picked up a "quick project" to keep myself sane.
A jersey speed skiff… 16ft boat with a small block Chevy that weighs around 1600lbs. Im sure Bob will remember these running around the shore years ago. They are still active, but not nearly as much. a lot of guys left when they required the roll cages and noise complaints. Mine will be similar to the corvette… an overkill river boat. ;)
this Is one of the faster hull designs, and with a 13:1 compression, solid roller 302, it should creep into the 90mph range should I have the balls to do so
D4FB42E6-720A-49DC-B039-500B84FE57D0.jpeg

this is a pretty typical ride in one of these

38152ABB-EB3F-45D7-A66A-BB2AE8B87ADF.jpeg
oh and the corvette will have a trailer hitch to tow it around, as they can be crane lifted into the water.

Absolutely love it!
Thanks, Pappy!
They are cheap to run ( by boating standards!) and talk about an adrenaline rush!
I ran the fun-per-dollar calculations between the skiff and building an SB2.2 with the DCT for the corvette... this came out on top by a longshot.

Does look like fun. My first boat was a 16ft with a 150HP Evinrude. 60 MPH in clean water. I used to race bass boats with it.

i do remember seeing them, thats a cool project. man its been 15 yrs since i left the shore, i do recall being at a boat club somewhere , i just can not recall what body of water we were overlooking the shrewsbury, manasquan or even it it was further south and they had some race course set up for speed boats. that would be a blast. i might lose my shit at 90 on the water though.

In the early 70s I had 13'7", 390# Glaspar G3 that I eventually put a 90 hp Merc on. I didn't even know at the time what I had. Finally sold it it early 2000s - should have kept it. It has become a cult. It was like skipping a flat rock - wherever the momentum was heading was where the boat went, regardless of where the bow was pointed. Towed it behind a 66 Vette. Glaspar G3 2.PNGLOL

Last edited: