Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD Technical Discussion > EFI

Old 11-26-2014, 02:15 AM
United States | Heart Attack

My Photos: (225)

Gene, I started this thread to discuss the NEW Fuel injection systems that are out there now because i plan on buying one and am looking for info on these. If you want to continually talk about your old system, your scavenging through junk yards and how you are an old ET from vacuum days. Start your own thread and talk about it there PLEASE.

Speed kill's. So ignore the speed/o :

Those satisfactions are permanent

Everything is going too fast and not fast enough
Old 11-26-2014, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangkokDean View Post
A friend had bought the Holley FI system about 3 years ago and recently tried to install it on his GTO 455. After several tries to get it to work and many E-mails to Holley he finally gave up and put a carb on the motor.
Dean did he happen to say what the problem was? over at the other site several guys are using the Holley set up with no problems. I am leaning towards FAST EFI set up myself.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:43 AM
Thailand | Addict

My Photos: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
Quote:
A friend had bought the Holley FI system about 3 years ago and recently tried to install it on his GTO 455. After several tries to get it to work and many E-mails to Holley he finally gave up and put a carb on the motor.
Dean did he happen to say what the problem was? over at the other site several guys are using the Holley set up with no problems. I am leaning towards FAST EFI set up myself.
Sorry as he gave up trying, I guess he really did not sort out the problems getting it to run correct. All I can say is there are too many wires in the system.If I were to go this route I would probably go with the Fast system, it looks the easiest to sort out.
Good luck in what ever you go with.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:46 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (182)

Quote:
Quote:
Kevin, the Holley Commander 950 is an older system, one of the first MPFI systems to come out. While there should have been no reason for failure, it can be a challenge to setup and tune. The newer Holley EFI system is far superior and much easier to install and tune. From personal experience, it is much better than the competition. I am using it on my new aluminum Dart 540 build and am very pleased with all aspects including support. Support has often been the knock on FAST. If you want, I can probably get you a deal on one though my friend and owner of Competition Marine Center (CMC) up in Moscow Mills Mo. They are a Certified Dealer / Installer of Holley EFI. Let us know here on the forum of your progress which ever direction you choose.

Bullshark
Old 11-27-2014, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullshark View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Kevin, the Holley Commander 950 is an older system, one of the first MPFI systems to come out. While there should have been no reason for failure, it can be a challenge to setup and tune. The newer Holley EFI system is far superior and much easier to install and tune. From personal experience, it is much better than the competition. I am using it on my new aluminum Dart 540 build and am very pleased with all aspects including support. Support has often been the knock on FAST. If you want, I can probably get you a deal on one though my friend and owner of Competition Marine Center (CMC) up in Moscow Mills Mo. They are a Certified Dealer / Installer of Holley EFI. Let us know here on the forum of your progress which ever direction you choose.

Bullshark
Thanks Bull shark, when i get ready to buy one i will get back with you. I will start a thread on the install when i do this.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:47 AM
Canada | Member

My Photos: (0)

FiTech is coming out with a new TBI fi unit for $995 4 injector complete system and $1495 for an 8 injector system on March 1st. It has a few nice features that FAST doesn't have. Not many wires to connect as well. I have emailed them asking if all parts are made in America and how big the fuel command centre is. They are going right at FAST, MSD, Edelbrock and Holley TBI systems. A great price point, will wait on reviews.
Of course our Cdn $ has tanked.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Last edited by gdh; 02-23-2015 at 01:51 AM..
Old 05-15-2015, 03:14 AM
United States | The Artist formerly known as Turbo84

Anybody seen Kevin lately?
Old 06-10-2015, 01:13 AM
United States | The Artist formerly known as Turbo84

Three weeks and nobody's seen Kevin, I take it.