Fuel Tank Venting

Jsup

OK guys here's the questoin.. I need to vent my tank because I have to get rid of the charcoal filter.

I need a roll over valve. Any suggestions on how and where to install one?

Thanks.

Check ebay there is a guy selling CV products ball valves there. They are aluminum, you could attach those to the frame somewhere and use a hose to the top of the tank w/ a large elbow or something.

Does the height matter? In a fuel cell they are usually put on top.

In this case the VENT will be on top, and the valve will be lower.

Is that a problem?

Can I just use the existing hose from the vent to the charcoal filter and put a valve somewhere under the car? (safely of course....)

They're not always on top, you can have a remote mount discriminator valve. The hose must be routed so that it goes above the fluid level and then down so no fuel sits in the hose.

You can buy one of those plastic vents that camaros have (3rd gens). It's spendy but it's a white plastic pressure relief. It's not always open but it does relief at a certain pressure. The racing stuff uses much larger hoses, something in the -16 AN range.

The stuff I'm looking at is -8.

Will the F-Body stuff click right in? Doesn't the C4 have the same kinda thing? It would be above the fuel level, using the stock location, but the valve will be lower.