TPI wiring and censors?

BangkokDean

OK its on to wiring the TPI unit.
I have a new harness so I now want to replace all the sensors but I really don't want to order from Rock auto incorrect parts.
So I need your help once more. First and most important is the 02 sensor. The sensor I have has 4 wires and the new harness has 1 wire? What 02 sensor do I need to order that has 1 wire that will work for me?
4wire.jpg

Now the 3 other scensors I need to order are here listed as 1,2,3.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
since you are going with 90-92 speed density tpi order o2 sensor for that year.

1 throttle position sensor

2 manifold absolute pressure sensor

3 knock sensor needs to be ordered for a 5.7 or 5.0 they are different

almost any 02 sensor - that isn't a wideband.... the one you have in your hand (presumptively your hand) is a wideband sensor and it has a power and ground to heat the sensor to get better accuracy over a wider range of temperatures

btw - that would be a sensor, censors are the politicos in China.

Thanks for the reply. Any chance you have a part number for these?

sorry no part numbers. just order them for a 90-92 camaro/firebird VIN 8 I think is a 350. For the throttle position sensor I would order for what year the throttle body is.

sorry no part numbers. just order them for a 90-92 camaro/firebird VIN 8 I think is a 350. For the throttle position sensor I would order for what year the throttle body is.

Thanks for the update. the problem is I really don't know the year or model of the unit. Just wondering if the numbers on the unit will work? BTW, the motor is a 350, here is what I have.
IMG_5728.jpg

IMG_5541.jpg

IMG_5557.jpg

Last edited:
almost any 02 sensor - that isn't a wideband.... the one you have in your hand (presumptively your hand) is a wideband sensor and it has a power and ground to heat the sensor to get better accuracy over a wider range of temperatures

btw - that would be a sensor, censors are the politicos in China.

That's not a wideband sensor, it's a heated arrow band with a reference ground. It's the same as a 3 wire heated one without the reference.

Thanks for the update. the problem is I really don't know the year or model of the unit. Just wondering if the numbers on the unit will work? BTW, the motor is a 350, here is what I have.
IMG_5728.jpg

IMG_5541.jpg

IMG_5557.jpg

The non adjustable TPS is corect for this speed density ECU. AUJP is from a late 90+ F Body 5.7 automatic. Has an 8D rom mask. This ECU has an additional connector for an airbag system, it's the yellow one not sitting directly next to the other 2.

Part Numbers

MAP sensor- 16137039 90-92 Corvette/Camaro
TPS - 17112368 90-92 Camaro

1227730 computer is what I have in my car, were common as grass in junkyards some years ago, only trick is to get the proper chip in the calpac, programed out the VATS, and set for no EGR and other tuning tricks with your engine build as the guide....things like lbs. rating of injectors, engine size, throttle body diameter/bore....48mm is stock, mine is a rebored stock t/body to 52mm, which is plenty ....:drink:

I have a stock AUJP calpak right here.

The only thing in the bin is injector flow and a lot of stuff to tweak it with, VBatt offset and such There is NO info about TB size in there. Cyl size is in constants, # of cyls too.

There's a lot of nice other info/settings in there too. One thing is initial adv. It's set to 6deg distributor setting so SET IT ACCORDINGLY!!

One thing I would strongly recomment, get some yellow bosch 22s. Those multecs are junk, they will give you issues sooner or later. Funky drivability issues, smelly rich idle, crappy idle, bogging and sputtering.... The Bosch IIIs cure all that. Can run as is but pref. adjust the VBatt corr. in BIN. The guy you got your stuff from, can he do that??

The only thing in the bin is injector flow and a lot of stuff to tweak it with, VBatt offset and such There is NO info about TB size in there. Cyl size is in constants, # of cyls too.

There's a lot of nice other info/settings in there too. One thing is initial adv. It's set to 6deg distributor setting so SET IT ACCORDINGLY!!

One thing I would strongly recomment, get some yellow bosch 22s. Those multecs are junk, they will give you issues sooner or later. Funky drivability issues, smelly rich idle, crappy idle, bogging and sputtering.... The Bosch IIIs cure all that. Can run as is but pref. adjust the VBatt corr. in BIN. The guy you got your stuff from, can he do that??

Remember John Supino, Jsup on here?? southern NJersey if I remember right, I bought a set of Bosch blues from him, 24# rated at any rate, and so they been fine for several years now, I got one of the early sets he shipped, he had gone into the fuel injector rehab business....he not been heard of for a long time, hope the business is doing well......:thumbs::loveletter:

also, on my '87 vette and on this one too, seems to run better with 10* initial.....and I just got a crazy observation, so going start another thread......

Thanks TT, please remember I will mostly be running LPG so the gas FI will only be run once in a while. Gas prices here are like your prices so LPG will be used as much as possible on this driver. Unfortunately the guy in Arizona that I bought this from has turned out to be as dependable as a fart.

But as I have found folks like you and the others on this forum have been the best help. Now the problem for me is the FI experts here talk in Martian language so I try to read body language.:chinese:

Part Numbers

MAP sensor- 16137039 90-92 Corvette/Camaro
TPS - 17112368 90-92 Camaro

Ok I have found the items on the Rock auto sight and added them to my Cart using the part numbers below,Thanks

1 throttle position sensor(TPS - 17112368 90-92 Camaro)

2 manifold absolute pressure sensor(MAP sensor- 16137039 90-92 Corvette/Camaro)

3 knock sensor needs to be ordered for a 5.7

Now this is a problem(90-92 camaro/firebird tpi Rock auto shows many o2 sensor for that year.) I waited 2 days and no suggestions here so I just ordered 4 different 02 sensors, hopefully one will work.

1991 CHEVROLET CAMARO 5.7L V8 : Emission : Oxygen Sensor

Last edited:
Now that i have the sensors from Rock auto here today, I see that there is no water temp sensor. Please advise which one I need? I looked at the Rock auto site but don,t see one for the TPI.
Thanks

Now that i have the sensors from Rock auto here today, I see that there is no water temp sensor. Please advise which one I need? I looked at the Rock auto site but don,t see one for the TPI.
Thanks

Look up CTS or coolant temperature sensor

Its the 2 pin ones with the black weatherpack connector. Those are not for gauges, the gauge sensor uses the same conector as a knock sensor or in somecases a simple flat blade connector. It's a variable resistance to ground sensor where the block is ground. The CTS has 2 wires, normally yellow and black weatherpack style conn.

Get this one

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1262612&cc=1035830