PFTE steel braided fuel line

daught

Hello. I have been hunting for information on replacing fuel lines on numerous forums. It seems PFTE steel braided lines are the best choice and this forum seems to have some people that know a lot about them. I am not a vette owner but I would really appreciate some info. I have a 95 Audi 90 quattro. I want to replace the straight section underneath the car with regular hard fuel line. Once the line heads up I have very limited space between my transmission and engine bay. There's no way I could bend a steel line for that section so I want to use the PFTE steel braided line.

How flexible is this PFTE steel braided line? I have to make some tight bends to avoid my exhaust.
Does it stretch a bit? Can I pull it over my steel line and clamp it down WITH FI hose clamps or do I need special fittings? Pressure is under 40PSI.
Any one try http://www.anfittingsdirect.com? They seem to have everything neatly categorized.

Thanks.

EDIT
Seems like Aeroquip would be a better choice. They also offer regular "AQP elastomer" hose. Would it be more flexible? They say it's made for fuel, can it still leak like the other non PFTE stuff?

Last edited:
use an hose ends, flare nuts and sleeves. For a proper connection even when using clamps you need to put a bead on the line for hose retention. The hose will come off otherwise.

The ptfe is not so much the determining factor in flexibility, the braid is. Stainless braids can not be bent nearly as tight as nylon or nomex braids. If you do not need the abrasibe resistance of the stainless braid you might want to look into those. Kevlar braided lines are also availalbe. Check out the XRP line, aeroquip ets.