$2500 1977 Rebuild thread!

SCCA VETTE

We started to work on the 77 today. First took a ton of photos of the car in is "as purchased" condition. Next we removed the factory hood and placed the new big block hood on the car to see how it fit and also to get it out of the way.

I have decided to start a thread for the rebuild of this car if anybody wants to follow along.

Here is a better picture of the outside of the car as we purchased it.
0_190788964266948_100000075370117_704806_1652192_n.jpg

Here is a couple photos of the new hood we found at the swapmeet on the car.
5_190789994266845_100000075370117_704846_4968855_n.jpg
6_190790227600155_100000075370117_704857_3535029_n.jpg

Next step is to replace the bumpers with the new glass ones we bought to get rid of the wavy plastic.

Very cool, I am on my second 77 so I am really into seeing what you are going to do with it. That is after you get out of jail...what a steal!!! LOL:clap:

Do you have an idea of how far you want/have to go?

probably just like mine back in 2004.... "it only needs new brakes and I can drive it" ... that's how all the good stuff starts...

looks like a fun project ... cheeep too :thumbs:

That is the EXACT phrase I used :confused:

yup.... a month later I had the differential and the trailing arms removed, the entire front suspension and the exhaust.... I think it was 6 months after I bought it that I finally had it on the road... :nuts::nuts: isn't this a great hobby ?? :nuts::nuts:

That is the EXACT phrase I used :confused:

yup.... a month later I had the differential and the trailing arms removed, the entire front suspension and the exhaust.... I think it was 6 months after I bought it that I finally had it on the road... :nuts::nuts: isn't this a great hobby ?? :nuts::nuts:

Jeebus, 16 years ago, the ONLY thing about my car was the PAINT, all the rest was fucked up one way or other.....

can't name one asspect that was not....
well, ok, the convertible top was great....

complete interior, including redoing the OEM hardtop it came with....

complete mechanicals, miss NOTHING....and I mean NOTHING....

then the mods began....

:hissyfit::hissyfit::censored: but WTF is a guy like ME to do without some hobby or other?? set on a damn treadmill? walk around the block? hammer on the internet? (I know STFU)....so if not the vette, the house, the motor home....WTF I have to do...??

Here is the game plan. Keep in mind it is subject to change along the way.

1st part = Replace front and rear bumpers, add Pace Car chin spoiler, Add Pace car rear wing and fit new big block hood. fix all body defects and paint car the new Atomic Orange with pearl dark silver stripes.

2nd part = remove engine and trans and clean and paint engine bay. Put car on lift and clean and paint underside of car. Replace all brake lines and brakes along with all suspension bushings and u-joints.

3rd part = Clean and reseal engine and repaint engine chevy orange with orange pearl clear coat. Install TPI until on motor and reinstall in car. Still debating on transmission selection. Complete all wiring, fuel and AC (yes it will have air).

4th part = Replace all broken interior parts, install new seats, install harness bar, new carpet and replace all switches and controls in console.

5th part = Drive car like it is stolen, repeat as necessary!!

Here is the game plan. Keep in mind it is subject to change along the way.

1st part = Replace front and rear bumpers, add Pace Car chin spoiler, Add Pace car rear wing and fit new big block hood. fix all body defects and paint car the new Atomic Orange with pearl dark silver stripes.

2nd part = remove engine and trans and clean and paint engine bay. Put car on lift and clean and paint underside of car. Replace all brake lines and brakes along with all suspension bushings and u-joints.

3rd part = Clean and reseal engine and repaint engine chevy orange with orange pearl clear coat. Install TPI until on motor and reinstall in car. Still debating on transmission selection. Complete all wiring, fuel and AC (yes it will have air).

4th part = Replace all broken interior parts, install new seats, install harness bar, new carpet and replace all switches and controls in console.

5th part = Drive car like it is stolen, repeat as necessary!!

When I put the new engine in the '84 I had to paint it Chevy orange. I could just never get used to a corporate blue (or black) engine in a Corvette.
Keep us posted on your progress!

bairs.com , volvette.com, corvetteamerica.com, ecklers.com, corvettecentral.com, I should just send them my pay check. :rolleyes:

bairs.com , volvette.com, corvetteamerica.com, ecklers.com, corvettecentral.com, I should just send them my pay check. :rolleyes:

OR find yourself a chippy, and send it to Tiffany's, Lord and Taylor, Sears appliance shack, etc......

:crap:;)

I paid $3000 for my 77 when I got it in 2002. I told the ex. I was only going to spend $10,000-$12000 to get it nice looking and driveable. I am well over $50,000 now and still spending!!

I paid $3000 for my 77 when I got it in 2002. I told the ex. I was only going to spend $10,000-$12000 to get it nice looking and driveable. I am well over $50,000 now and still spending!!

I wanna steal them solid gold rims you got....

:smash::surrender::cool: