Hydraulic clutch problems

vette427sbc

Question for those of you with a hydraulic clutch...
I cant seem to get a good pedal after hours of bleeding, which prevents the clutch from disengaging all the way. Ive gravity bled it, and did the pump, hold, bleed method, both of which yield the same results.
No visible leaks, no air coming out of the slave cylinder bleeder, all connections are tight. there is little to no play in the clutch fork, so the slave cylinder is adjusted correctly, I thought it was the master cylinder; bought a new one, still doesn't disengage. The pedal throw stops about 1/8 inch before the master bottoms. this will be another missed car show on a beautiful day :suicide:

Did you bleed the master with it installed? The end of the master needs to be highest point for a proper bleed.

You might be able to do this. Mash the clutch pedal and block the clutch fork, so that it won't return. Push the pedal down again and this should push air into the master reservoir.

That is a good idea, its a pain to get all of the air out with everything in the car. I ended up finding a leak in the system- it would work fine for about 5 minutes, and then slowly get worse because it was loosing pressure through the leak