after market shifter boot for taller long shifter?

daveL82

I'm running the Doug Nash 5 speed and Long shifter in my 80 vette and found the stock boot to be too short. It's stretched to fit over the handle bolts which can cause it to pull the shifter back to neutral which unloaded.

I'm looking for an aftermarket one that is taller and work in the console. Rubber or leather is ok.

Here - pick one.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=shifter boot&dds=1

100_3148.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks and I'll look at them.

I should also clarify that I need two boots. One on the console and the one giving me the problem is the one that mounts to the tunnel and keeps out the heat.

Thanks and I'll look at them.

I should also clarify that I need two boots. One on the console and the one giving me the problem is the one that mounts to the tunnel and keeps out the heat.

I also have 2 boots on mine. One smaller rubber shifter boot is located under the console and is fastened directly to the trans. tunnel. The second larger boot is mostly for cosmetics, it is fastened to the console and goes over the first boot. I did have the same problem with the two boots having enough tension to pull the stick out of gear but the remedy for that was to remove the little decorative chrome plate that was on top of the large shifter boot, this allowed enough flexibility for the stick to stay put.