How is the price of fuel affecting your hobby??

How is the soaring fuel prices affecting your hobby

• I don't care, I'm gonna drive it.

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • I have cut back some.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • I have cut back considerably.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • The Vette is on hold.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I may have to store the car awhile.

• I may have to sell the car.

• I'm getting out while I can.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
Let's find out. Please answer the following poll.
We all know it's out of control, but how is it affecting your hobby?

I am getting 10mpg.... I'm seriously considering having someone who knows what the hell he's doing tune the '79 :huh:

But.... so far I drove only 500 miles this year.... doesn't really matter if I'm getting 10 or 14 mpg...... :rain:

It's affecting us all, one way or the other. Everything we buy is being affected by transportation surcharges. Once I get my engine tuned correctly, I ought to see hopefully 19-20 MPG with this CFI.

I wish I could drive it to California for the gathering, but I would have to take out a 90 day loan. It still might be cheaper that airfare these days.:sick:

What a time for gas to be busting my party, starting a engine rebuild, trans off to be rebuilt, going to the parts store is 22 miles away. gas at the pump today $4.21 . to go to L.A round trip will cost me $226.oo in gas , less food. The insanity all for greedy little bastards at the stock market. If you know one shoot the greedy bastard for me. There should be a bounty on them!!! There is a bigger problem. the price on food and durable goods is going up. gas could drop over night, but everything else will remain high just out of fear.

What is the answer?

I simply bought a 4 cylinder ricer to take over DD duties for now while I take care of a few small issues with the 'vette and add some new gears.:devil:

When you go from filling up once a week to filling up once a month, you can save up more money for 3.55 gears.:cool:

Since buying Diesel for my truck and the farm equipment is driving me to the poor farm :lol: I found a used 99 ford ranger,it's a v6,man trans,plane jane truck,had 25,xxxx when i bought it 2 years ago,gets 25mpg and is a flexfuel truck and i can find E-85 pretty easy around me. It is saving me on my fuel bill,and the big truck just sits now unless i'm towing something or hauling more than one passenger.
I'm scared to think how much my fuel bill is going to be next month,for my round trip to CA and back :censored:

Kevin. If you need to opt out because it will cost $1,000 in fuel, no one would hold it against you. :wink:

My 82 gets excellent mileage, so I'm not impacted that much. But it's still painful to fill, just like it is for everyone.

I'll have to say that I've changed my driving habits to stretch the mileage. A lot less "green-light-launches"!!!:(

Also, I'll choose the Saturday-night cruise that's the closest to home.:D

I do know this: EVERYBODY'S HURTIN' !

What a time for gas to be busting my party, starting a engine rebuild, trans off to be rebuilt, going to the parts store is 22 miles away. gas at the pump today $4.21 . to go to L.A round trip will cost me $226.oo in gas , less food. The insanity all for greedy little bastards at the stock market. If you know one shoot the greedy bastard for me. There should be a bounty on them!!! There is a bigger problem. the price on food and durable goods is going up. gas could drop over night, but everything else will remain high just out of fear.

What is the answer?

Simple, really, kill a enviro wacko today, and every damn day till we run out of the crop.....

why not, they dun killed us so we maybe as well get back on the bastards....

:stirpot::trumpet: BTW, I am proud to proclaim myself as also mr anti enviornment, which is completely ingrained in me, there is NOTHING so FILTHY as a TREE.....live under one, you find out.....

I don't care about snail darters, could care less about caribou, a LITTLE soot in the nose will NOT hurt you....a LOT will, for sure....

breaking a light bulb is no big deal....how in hell you think I dispose of burnt out fluorescent shop lamps for some decades now?? take them out back and hit it with my Kleins into the trash can.....case closed....

what to do with old engine oil?? well since good old CHLORDANE is no longer made, take it and spray/pour around the house foundation to kill weeds and termites, and ants, and bugs, and discourage other pests....

:trumpet::trumpet::stirpot:

breaking a light bulb is no big deal....how in hell you think I dispose of burnt out fluorescent shop lamps for some decades now?? take them out back and hit it with my Kleins into the trash can.....case closed....

what to do with old engine oil?? well since good old CHLORDANE is no longer made, take it and spray/pour around the house foundation to kill weeds and termites, and ants, and bugs, and discourage other pests....

Maybe you can get some govt. money as your own "superfund toxic clean up site?":smash::tomato:

Maybe you can get some govt. money as your own "superfund toxic clean up site?":smash::tomato:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What is the answer?

Starting an engine rebuild may be the perfect time to address the mileage issue. Instead of power, build for efficiency.

The high prices haven't hurt my hobby that much. I have changed driving habbits a little. I am lucky that my new engine gets good gas milage if I drive it normally

It has hurt my DD situation. My wife used to haul around the 3 kids in the expedition which only gets 13MPG around town traveling 60 miles a day. She uses my infinity now which gets 21 MPG. I drive the expedition since my round tip is only 16 miles a day.

I have reduced my fuel costs, but it still sucks when you have to fill the 28 gallon expdetion and the bill is 130+ george washingtons.:eek:

I have reduced my fuel costs, but it still sucks when you have to fill the 28 gallon expdetion and the bill is 130+ george washingtons.:eek:

Yeah, we got rid of our full-size Ford van a couple years ago... it was even painful THEN! (Replaced with a Firebird V6... 23mpg... I guess I was pretty smart back then! Haha).....

Dam I can't vote!!!!!!!

My trucks get 10 to 15 mpg.

Vette with 385 Fast Burn and 2004R average has been 18 mpg and on the highway 21 mpg. Till I have fun, not counting that. For April and May my accounts show a drop in gallons yet a rise in $$$$.

ITS BEEN MY DAILY DRIVER SINCE END O MARCH.

Michael.

My situation's a lttle unusual compared to the rest of you :devil:

I think I drove through a speed trap today. Weird thing is, it looked like they had a video camera on a tripod and the guy operating it manually tracked me as I drove past. :huh: maybe they were shooting a road safety film or something?

I was only doing 150k (93mph) - maybe that explains why I only get 11-12 mpg out of it.

Anyway, my situation calls for me to drive it like I stole it :thumbs:

My situation's a lttle unusual compared to the rest of you :devil:

I think I drove through a speed trap today. Weird thing is, it looked like they had a video camera on a tripod and the guy operating it manually tracked me as I drove past. :huh: maybe they were shooting a road safety film or something?

I was only doing 150k (93mph) - maybe that explains why I only get 11-12 mpg out of it.

Anyway, my situation calls for me to drive it like I stole it :thumbs:

Go ahead.....what is the price per liter in sandland?