Your opinion

Twin_Turbo

Der Maulwurf
On these wheels. They are M6 wheels and I think they look good on the camaro. The original wheels are too small and they are available aftermarket in larger diameters but only 7" wide and they are chromed and I hate chrome.

Of course there won't be BMW badges on them. These are available in many sizes and up to 9.5" wide. They're also perfect for fitting the 13" baer brakes, I doubt those fit behind the stock 16"ers, they need 17 but are said to fit some 16s.

2496b903436a60.jpg

I think the wheel style is great - has the same look as the stockers. I think the tires need to have a little more side profile though.

Yes, that's why I like them too, because they sort of look like the iroc wheels. Those tires (and wheels) are photoshopped off a bimmer pic. If I get them I will get some taller tires, I don't like that rubber band look.

I'm thinking 245/35/19s (25.8" tall) and 285/35ZR19 (26.9" tall) or 275/40ZR19 (27.7" tall). The 245s is probably what was installed on the bimmer.

Can't help but think, how many possible ways can a 5-6 spoke rim be made already....??? guess I just burnt out, after a while, they look like modern cars....all alike, can't tell one from another....

I too do not like chrome, too much like Crager wheels from daze past....

:goodnight:

and they are chromed and I hate chrome.

]

I too do not like chrome, too much like Crager wheels from daze past....

:goodnight:

That's what i've been saying from day 1

But, I've blacked out or painted over all the shiney crap on my car and you guys just treat me like white trash.

Peak at my car.....20+ y/old paint and some bad patch work, but damn little chrome....on site below....scattered around in some pix/albums....

If it wasn't for the shipping $$$ I'd get some C6 Corvette take offs, either the 5-spoke style that I have in 8.5x18 and 10x19 or the 2008 split spoke in 8.5x18 and 11x19.... I just saw a set of split spokes for $400 plus shipping, they were silver....

My son used to have an IROC just like that. The wheels look very similar to the stock wheels. I think 17" would look good. More tire, less rim.

That's what i've been saying from day 1

But, I've blacked out or painted over all the shiney crap on my car and you guys just treat me like white trash.

I never said I liked shiney shit, I don't even like polished aluminum. I like machined, brushed, billet, blacked out...that kind of stuff (not rust ;))

If it wasn't for the shipping $$$ I'd get some C6 Corvette take offs, either the 5-spoke style that I have in 8.5x18 and 10x19 or the 2008 split spoke in 8.5x18 and 11x19.... I just saw a set of split spokes for $400 plus shipping, they were silver....

Those need something like 2" adapters, the bimmer wheels are bolt on, perfect 20mm offset and all. I don't like the look of wheels with huge spacers...it's like.... "nice rim, oh wait...what do I see back there...yes, look, there waaaay back, oh! a brake caliper and rotor... DAYUM" In other words...looks like :sick::ill:

My son used to have an IROC just like that. The wheels look very similar to the stock wheels. I think 17" would look good. More tire, less rim.

17s is an odd ball size, if you get wide rear tires in 17 you end up with a very low sidewall height, the fronts will look taller than the rears. Also, the 18s are no go, they are only available i 18x8 and maybe 18x8.5 An option would be staggered 18x8.5 & 19x9.5

20s are too large.

Gimme a PM on them, I can see if maybe my vette friend up the road has any in decent shape....

maybe check Craigslist here in Jax.....seen a bunch of late vette wheels, it's where I picked up my '89 wheels for 117 bux....

we can meet somewhere for lunch and do the transferr, I know shipping is horrendous on wheels, found out that little trick some years ago....

17s is an odd ball size, if you get wide rear tires in 17 you end up with a very low sidewall height, the fronts will look taller than the rears. Also, the 18s are no go, they are only available i 18x8 and maybe 18x8.5 An option would be staggered 18x8.5 & 19x9.5

20s are too large.

I"ll take my oddball '89-92 wheels in 17x9.5 on all 4 corners.....the tires are much more reasonable last I checked.....Nitto 50 series works fine in rear 275, fronts at 255 and the wells look decent....the flat face means you have to look really close to see any calipers at all.....I guess I just burnt out on spoke wheel entirely as EVERY ONE AND HIS DAWG has them.....I like to be 1/2 step ahead of cadence.....:1st:

what I really want but even IF anyone made them, not willing to go China, and not going to pay 400 bux each.....would be the 78-79 Firebird basket weave rims.....but in 17x9.5 with same neutral backspace as stock rims on a C3, or same as my 2.5 inch adapters do with the C4 rims....and they obviously have to clear the calipers....talll order....

:flash:

everyone has TTII style wheels :) 17" wheels are today what 16s were 10 years ago and 15s before that. 17s are just too small.

You mean honeycombs? Year One will be selling the snowflakes in 17" as cast (now they only have the billets, expensive). Not honeycombs but snowflakes are nice too. I'll have pics of them in Feb or March, as that's when they're supposed to go out.

If you mean the BBS style wheels, the Firebird GTA came with such style wheels, only in 16". You can get them from BBS, Ronal and others in larger sizes.

Turtle, admit it, if we were nice to you, you'd think we were all pissed at you.

And those wheels do look good on that Camaro- blacked out will be even better.

Speaking of Camaro's...................

This was my ride in 1984. Bought it brand new. Immediately put it up on jacks and replaced the suspension with Herb Adams stuff and some other go faster items. Replaced the stock wheels with Ronal 16 inchers. Back then it looked pretty good, lowered with 16 rubber. 16 inch Gatorbacks were tits in 1984, had to have them. These days they look kinda puny :thumbs:

I loved that car (and no, I didn't live in a trailer park).

4496eb29b18e97.jpg

Those need something like 2" adapters, the bimmer wheels are bolt on, perfect 20mm offset and all. I don't like the look of wheels with huge spacers...it's like.... "nice rim, oh wait...what do I see back there...yes, look, there waaaay back, oh! a brake caliper and rotor... DAYUM" In other words...looks like :sick::ill:

Yes, the fronts have like 57mm offset and the rears (I think) 70mm.
I installed 1" spacers on my C6 with the 5-spokes and simply painted the spacer same color silver as the brake rotor's center.... can't see it unless you get close.... I agree, 2" or more would be a lot.....

Gene,
I found these rims on numerous websites, Ebay, CF, DC.... the CF C6 parts for sale section is good, no wonder with so many members selling stuff...these painted C6 split spokes go for $400 and less, nobody wants stock wheels nowadays...

THE problem with buying outta town rims is.....

shipping, a 400 buck set of rims, is all of a sudden 500 or worse....

boxing/packing/weight, it's a mess....

:harhar::shocking: