Running out of breath at 5500 rpm

I refuse to run msd anymore. Too many issues. 6al and al2s crapping out when brand new, digital 6 also. Brand new coil crapped out all of a sudden. I run crane on my cars. So far only 1 failure on a gi6 but I think coolant from my intercooler got in it as there was some wetness. On one of mu supercharged motors I had terrible idle response. After checking the actual curve it turbed out to be the distributor module. Accel billetech, many years gathering dyst was an instant fix. Msd customer services is excellent. I had to physically destroy a digital 6 and send pics for them to send a new one. Guess they have a lot if practice.

I refuse to run msd anymore. Too many issues. 6al and al2s crapping out when brand new, digital 6 also. Brand new coil crapped out all of a sudden. I run crane on my cars. So far only 1 failure on a gi6 but I think coolant from my intercooler got in it as there was some wetness. On one of mu supercharged motors I had terrible idle response. After checking the actual curve it turbed out to be the distributor module. Accel billetech, many years gathering dyst was an instant fix. Msd customer services is excellent. I had to physically destroy a digital 6 and send pics for them to send a new one. Guess they have a lot if practice.

I think their quality control is non-existent. First HEI I got misfired like crazy and the ground strap wasn't connected to the transformer.

Customer service sent out a new one no questions asked. It's been problem free since 2005.

That sounds electrical to me. When I drained my fuel bowls it was a harsh single buck, like someone yanked the e-brake.

What sort of carb is it?

That sounds electrical to me. When I drained my fuel bowls it was a harsh single buck, like someone yanked the e-brake.

What sort of carb is it?

Sorry, I'm not sure wether your question was ment for me but if it was, the carb is an Rochester quadrajet.
Spent the weekend at the European drag racing competition at the Tierp Arena here in Sweden so there have not been any time left to analyse the problem further.
I will probably put the old system back on and see what happens.

It is soo sad that there just is no quality to be found anymore... It is very difficult to know what companys that still has som kind of quality left in there products.
It still remains to be seen if it is the ignition but if it is, I will be extremely disappointed.

I've seen that carb get clogged and cause sputtering like that, but it was more consistent.

A little update:
Have tried 2 different main metering rods ( uncertain of the correct name of them).
The first pair gave, acc. to the reference chart, a significant increase in fuel flow from cruise to wot. The second pair was from a rochester used on a race car in the super stock class and machined to give a very high flow at wot.
None of the rods made any difference. This shows that it is likely the fuel supply to the carb that is the problem.
I have a filter with a return line connection and I suspect that the restriction in the filter for the return line might be too large, allowing too much fuel back to the tank.
I will have to check fuel pressure but need to order a fuel pressure gauge.
I will be back with an update later.

Thank's for everyones input!

I expect that you have already checked to see if the filter is actually OK? Any dirt? And is this the type of filter that could be installed backwards? Just trying to cover some oddball bases.

the quadrajet needs a good fuel system because the float bowl is so small. there are metering changes that can be done that may help. get a copy of cliff ruggles book on the quadrajet carburetor it will be helpful. remember the quadrajet was designed as a street , emissions ,economy carburetor so some work will be needed to make it work well. :flash: i will keep my quick fuel 750 double pumper.