Idler arm length

voodoovette

I am looking for the length of a 73 Vette idler arm from center line of mount piviot to center line of tapered stud for center link. Also want to confirm that it has a 1" drop. I do not have my original and just need the measurements for billet unit. I know Duntov sells these but the price of $760 is very high and I may be able to better with a NASCAR piece if the dementions are correct. If I cant find one then I may have to order from Dontov.

Center line to center line is 5 13/16.

The drop is a little hard to identify. The face of the stud surface is 5/8 below the face of the pivot end.

and a Moog K6100 idler arm won`t work because???????????????

I was looking to use a stiff billet piece with larger bearings, simular to the NASCAR units to reduce overall flex. I am trying to remove most of the slop from the front steering system.

I dunno man, when you have close to 4 turns R-L on the wheel, I would be more concerned with quickening that ratio down to less than 3 turns, either by a rack or the Borgeson/Jeep box conversion.....makes a hell of a difference in the performance, :smash:

steering

and a Moog K6100 idler arm won`t work because???????????????

I was looking to use a stiff billet piece with larger bearings, simular to the NASCAR units to reduce overall flex. I am trying to remove most of the slop from the front steering system.

I dunno man, when you have close to 4 turns R-L on the wheel, I would be more concerned with quickening that ratio down to less than 3 turns, either by a rack or the Borgeson/Jeep box conversion.....makes a hell of a difference in the performance, :smash:

Yes, I agree. I was planning on replacing my steering box with a Borgenson unit. I had been considering the rack & pinion but the ones avail for the corvette rear steering, seem to hang down low and the steering ratio is not that great. My vette is very low and ground clearance could be an issue. I am still researching and can go either way depending on the system that gives the best performance.