Steering rack help

voodoovette

Hello,
I am looking for the best rack and pinion to use on a C3 with FRONT steer using C-5 front suspension. I need to identify a rack that is the correct length and gives me the quickest ratio. A factory type or aftermarket is fine, just need some information from someone who has converted over to front steer with updated suspension. I appreciate all info, thanks.:drink::nuts:

All depends on what you do with the a arms, how far they are apart determines what rack width you need.

I have a front steer rack, 16.5" appleton quick ratio but everything is hand fabricated on mine, no factory parts. Stock arm positions are very narrow, hence the 16.5" rack.

All depends on what you do with the a arms, how far they are apart determines what rack width you need.

I have a front steer rack, 16.5" appleton quick ratio but everything is hand fabricated on mine, no factory parts. Stock arm positions are very narrow, hence the 16.5" rack.
Thanks TT,
Yes, I am measuring about 16.5 inches and this seems very narrow. Anyone know the measurements of a C4 or 5 rack. I believe 16.5" is about as narrow you can get from most of the aftermarket racks. Mine is all fabricated, including the frame as well, so I do have options. Are you happy with the Appelton rack and do you have any pics to share or your setup? thanks.

Last edited: