Well dam

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
I had the poly a arm bushings get loose once, and I caught it and used blue lock tite.
Dam if a bushing didn't come off in the driveway. After I get that bastard back on, I'm using red lock tite. IF it comes off again, I am going back to rubber. It's a PITA to repair over and over.

I had the poly a arm bushings get loose once, and I caught it and used blue lock tite.
Dam if a bushing didn't come off in the driveway. After I get that bastard back on, I'm using red lock tite. IF it comes off again, I am going back to rubber. It's a PITA to repair over and over.

I have never had a issue loosening RED locktite, ever, it's the only one I use, and have never had those or any other bolt come loose, 125 psi on a impact, and done....

:smash::smash::smash::harhar:

See my "more poly junk" thread ... I'm going with aluminum body mounts and rubber for most of the other stuff although for the A-arms poly should be fine ... Locktitr should do the trick.... Degrease the bolt and the hole with some brake cleaner first...

Well. of course it was the upper bushing butted up to the shroud, so I had to pull the radiator. However, I jacked up the rotor, wiggled around, and managed to grease and slide the bushing back in. I then used a longer bolt as a jack screw, and pulled the shaft back into place. Found a washer and bolt locally, and loctite in place. Should be back on the road today.:thumbs:

I threw all of the poly out.

You'll never keep those bolts put. It's just the way the poly works in those apps.

I never had a problem with my stock steel arms and poly bushing, the lowers are still there, 17 years now, uppers replaced maybe 4 years ago with stock rubber, I just use locktite red.....:clobbered: the lower arms are not long for the world these daze, so a PIA on that.....

the lower rear strut is a PIA, but methinks ready to replace with rubber this time around....

thing I regret most is having to realign the car after.....

:hissyfit::crylol::censored: