Re-routing Header Tube

BBShark

Garage Monkey
Staff member
So I need to cut out a header tube and re-route it for clearance. I might need to make it aout of a couple of bend sections. Where the tube merges into the collector, how close can I get to the adjacent tube (so that you can weld all around the tube)?

Hope this makes sense.

The question makes sense to ME, but the wonder to me is, why not run the engine to heat them/it up, and then take a oxyacetylene torch to it, and pry it into position??....maybe stick a ice cube on adjacent shit you scared of for the heat???

I mean like WTF, after a night run I popped the hood years ago, and found the headers a BRIGHT orange, pushing yellow color....gotta know they not far from being soft.....

:surrender:

So I need to cut out a header tube and re-route it for clearance. I might need to make it aout of a couple of bend sections. Where the tube merges into the collector, how close can I get to the adjacent tube (so that you can weld all around the tube)?

Hope this makes sense.

Bring the four tubes together, weld the four tubes from the open end (without the collector in place, then place the collector and weld from the outside... that way you're not welding between the pipes... hope this makes sense ....

Just wondering if something like this could help? If the area is before the collector - maybe , but at the collector - maybe not?
126952851cf54e33c.jpg

Likewise I've seen bolt kits to slip the two together along the length of the tube - not like a hose clamp.
I plan on using some of these to get the exhaust in place and slip remove.

Cheers - Jim