Racers Raw Materials

Ralphy

Hey guys, I got this email today. This site seems to have a wide variety of materials for a build. Stock Car Steel and Aluminum. They also carry delrin and something I have never seen before, titanium sheet. Poly's, stainless and DOM.

http://www.stockcarsteel.com/

Ralphy

metalsupermarket prices.... ug, use them if you're completely desperate. I don't know where you live, but most steel and aluminum suppliers sell to non-business customers on a cash basis.

E.g. 1 5/8 DOM tubing for a 22' length is normally about $120 - not nearly $10.00 a foot as they are advertising. Add the cost of shipping and that would be 3 to 4 times as more than you'd pay a local supplier.

if there isn't a local supplier, calling sheet metal (like HVAC) shops and asking to be able to order metal when they get their shipments can be pretty cost effective too. The key is they get delivered at least $1,000 of material in a shipment - then you can really save bucks (and you don't have to buy what they're buying, just have to buy what their supplier sells),

I've used metalsupermarket. They sell by the inch!
Posted partially because you can see what materials are exactly used for car builders.
Ralphy