turn signal indicator - found the problem...

MYBAD79

A few weeks ago I noticed that my turn signal indicator was illuminated when I turned the headlights on.... thought it was a ground issue and chased that for a while.... I finally noticed that the right turn signal bulb didn't work, replaced the bulb and voila... problem fixed...

It seems this is a factory "warning light" when one of the bulbs doesn't work ????

A few weeks ago I noticed that my turn signal indicator was illuminated when I turned the headlights on.... thought it was a ground issue and chased that for a while.... I finally noticed that the right turn signal bulb didn't work, replaced the bulb and voila... problem fixed...

It seems this is a factory "warning light" when one of the bulbs doesn't work ????

Correct. When you activate a turn signal, and the dash light goes on without blinking, it's usually a burned out lamp. The flasher (bi-metal ) type requires "X" amount of load to work.

I'm glad your problem was a simple on Karsten. :nuts:

...now does anyone know if 80's had the turn signal flasher on the passenger side like the earlier Vettes?

sorry for the hijack! :bump:

In 81, the flashers are on the fuse panel. Hazard is upper left, turn signal is lower right.