WTB 31 tooth speedometer driven gear

cgc68

If you have this gear for a GM 200 4r and it is just gathering dust I really could use it. It will be white in color.

Hi SuperBuickGuy

Thanks for the information. I called and talk to them. They do not have the 31 tooth gear. I did order the 30 tooth gear from them. Looking like that's as close as I am going to get. Hopefully it's in the mail.

I did find a 31 tooth at Vintage Parts but they are a little pricey for me.

These speedo's are SO inaccurate, you get yourself a GPS to prove them out, no matter WHAT.....pick yourself a few typical speeds and remember what the lies are.....BTDT.....:gurney:

Hi mrvette

You may not remember me but a few years ago you helped me long-distance rebuild a 200 4r transmission. First time I've ever seen the inside of an automatic transmission. I haven't put many miles on the transmission but it has been working flawlessly. Burnt myself out restoring the car so I took a couple years off. Got the bug again so I'm back at it only this time doing smaller projects.

Decided to take your advice even before I received it. I got a 30 tooth gear ordered and as soon as I receive it I'm going to put it in unless I somehow get a 31 tooth gear first. Just didn't like the speedometer showing 80 miles per hour when I was only running 55 racking up the miles to quickly on the odometer.

Good to hear from you hope you're still enjoying those southern winters. I'll bet down deep you miss the northern winters:eek:

Hi mrvette

You may not remember me but a few years ago you helped me long-distance rebuild a 200 4r transmission. First time I've ever seen the inside of an automatic transmission. I haven't put many miles on the transmission but it has been working flawlessly. Burnt myself out restoring the car so I took a couple years off. Got the bug again so I'm back at it only this time doing smaller projects.

Decided to take your advice even before I received it. I got a 30 tooth gear ordered and as soon as I receive it I'm going to put it in unless I somehow get a 31 tooth gear first. Just didn't like the speedometer showing 80 miles per hour when I was only running 55 racking up the miles to quickly on the odometer.

Good to hear from you hope you're still enjoying those southern winters. I'll bet down deep you miss the northern winters:eek:

UMM humm, bullshit....me NO miss cold one damn BIT.....

how some EVER, I wooden mind if the HUMIDITY went away for a while....
:rain::rain::crutches::sweat: