My new 18inch wheels rub

good to hear it worked and you're getting some use out of these adapters .... photos ??? How does it look now? No rubbing on the fender?

That clunking sounds like the front diff bushing, that's where i'd look first..... cheap and easy fix if that's what it is .....

good to hear it worked and you're getting some use out of these adapters .... photos ??? How does it look now? No rubbing on the fender?

That clunking sounds like the front diff bushing, that's where i'd look first..... cheap and easy fix if that's what it is .....

Hi I have taken a picture with the wheels on the car I also did take one when the adapters were installed. There is no fender rubbing that i can see and no frame rubbing now. You can see the rub on the frame and sway bar. BTW I did have to machine on a lathe the ID to fit the hubs.

I will check the front diff bushing, thanks

Dean

Last edited:
Hi I have taken a picture with the wheels on the car I also did take one when the adapters were installed. There is no fender rubbing that i can see and no frame rubbing now. You can see the rub on the frame and sway bar. BTW I did have to machine on a lathe the ID to fit the hubs.

I will check the front diff bushing, thanks

Dean

Looks like it couldn't fit any better .... Looks awesome !!!!

Now you need a set for the rear to make it look even???

I sent a 1" adapter to Denis (Denpo) but he decided later not to use it, he sent it to Jeremy (Stinger12) who then decided to get bigger wheels so he's not using the adapters either... Should be perfect for your rear wheels :) let's see if he can send them your way ....

Now you need a set for the rear to make it look even???

I sent a 1" adapter to Denis (Denpo) but he decided later not to use it, he sent it to Jeremy (Stinger12) who then decided to get bigger wheels so he's not using the adapters either... Should be perfect for your rear wheels :) let's see if he can send them your way ....

The rears don't need adapters they fit perfectly.Thanks

Well yesterday I finally got around to installing my mew 18 inch wheels.
18x8 front 4 inch back spacing 255/45/18 and rear and 18x9 5.5 inch back spacing 285/40/18. The rears fit great but my fronts rub the frame and sway bar big time. I am thinking about adding longer wheel studs and a 1/2 inch spacer on the front.

What is the name of the manufacturer of the wheels? Thanks

Well yesterday I finally got around to installing my mew 18 inch wheels.
18x8 front 4 inch back spacing 255/45/18 and rear and 18x9 5.5 inch back spacing 285/40/18. The rears fit great but my fronts rub the frame and sway bar big time. I am thinking about adding longer wheel studs and a 1/2 inch spacer on the front.

What is the name of the manufacturer of the wheels? Thanks

Part Number from Summit racing
MBW-23204WHEEL 18X8A$225.95x2 $451.90
MBW-61325WHEEL 18X9A $230.95x2 $461.90

The rears fit good with out moving the hand brake cable I just tied it so it don't rub the tire. But the fronts the 4.5 back spacing had the tires rubbing the frame on the left side even after adding the 1 inch spacer making the back space 3.5 inch the tire still rubs the frame.This I will fix by adding the new Borgeson Steering box and adjusting so the tire does not rub.

Last edited: