Tire Size & Availability

Kid Vette

Master-Baiter
I thought I would post the chart below which I created to select wheel and tire combinations. The OE tire had a diameter 26.9"-27.5". Its a good idea when you upsize tires and wheels to keep the diameter the same so it looks right in the wheel well and doesn't throw your speedometer off.

And of course it doesn't do any good to select the perfect size tire only to discover nobody makes one in that size. The following chart shows what Tire Rack presently offers in various sizes and types. Keep in mind in a month or 2 this will be obsolete as their offerings change.

5352f40456e2b44.jpg

Last edited:
I have '89 vette rims on my '72, and so 275/50/17 in rear 255/50/17 in front....

but most performance rubber is getting tight in those sizes, especially since NITTO was the only maker in the 275 rear size.....

finally got lucky and bought two new Nittos for the rear on my '72, maybe 2 months ago, I was giving up hope, but Nitto came through and made another run....must have been a bunch of inquiries and so they relented .....

I dunno when in hell I ever afford cheap enough VETTE rims for 18" rubber....

max price for a nice set of 4 is 200 bux.....

:clap::spit::pprrtt:

285-40-18 is a great choice......27" diameter but too bad these are so $$$$$'..... Well, you only live once.....