Tie rod taper

Thanks! The reason I ask is that there are extended tie rod ends available for the early Camaros that allow for bump steer correction without relying on a rod end or an adapter block on the steering arm. I'm looking into whether a Camaro outer tie rod end could work for our cars, even if it involves a hybrid tie rod adjuster.

I was at a trade show a couple of years ago and saw that QA1 sold ball joints and rod ends that had separate stems that you could buy in various lengths.

Were the QA1s heim joint type bumpsteer adjusters? What I'm trying to do it to get something that is a "conventional" tie rod end, but with an extended stem.

Cheers,
Matt

As I recall, they were conventional except that you could remove the ball/stem from the body and use different length stems.

I was at a trade show a couple of years ago and saw that QA1 sold ball joints and rod ends that had separate stems that you could buy in various lengths.

stock car guru Ed Howe has had those for a few years now, trouble is he make too many, how do you pick which length?

stock car guru Ed Howe has had those for a few years now, trouble is he make too many, how do you pick which length?

Okay, I just had a look on Howe's website - great find! I can't seem to find the taper for the Howe studs - because this looks like it might be the way to go!