Cradle kit steering

These guys on VetteMod have a Rack n Pinion set up using a 92 grand am. I purchased the parts for about $400.00 and I will be installing them in a couple of weeks. The only other cost Ill have is making a couple of brackets.

I have already the Rack and Pinion setup. But I´m considering to test the cradle kit.

Looks interesting. I'd be interested in reading about how well it installs and drives. After driving modern cars with PS, the factory C3 PS steering is annoying to me. My 68 C3 stock PS has absolutely no road feedback. It turns so easily at speed, it feels like the steering wheel is not connected to anything. This becomes a problem since I have mistakenly installed too stiff of a suspension in my 68. (VBP Street and Strip suspension) On a bumpy road, my body bounces around in the car, and body motion translates into steering wheel motions due to my hand on the steering wheel!

If the rack and pinion is a straight bolt on and provides modern feedback it'd be something to seriously think about. Getting rid of the stock factory control valve and power ram would be an advantage. These things are prone to leak and the remanufactured replacements have a reputation of being unreliable. (Although the remanufactured replacements on my 68 are holding up OK.)

Looks interesting. I'd be interested in reading about how well it installs and drives. After driving modern cars with PS, the factory C3 PS steering is annoying to me. My 68 C3 stock PS has absolutely no road feedback. It turns so easily at speed, it feels like the steering wheel is not connected to anything. This becomes a problem since I have mistakenly installed too stiff of a suspension in my 68. (VBP Street and Strip suspension) On a bumpy road, my body bounces around in the car, and body motion translates into steering wheel motions due to my hand on the steering wheel!

If the rack and pinion is a straight bolt on and provides modern feedback it'd be something to seriously think about. Getting rid of the stock factory control valve and power ram would be an advantage. These things are prone to leak and the remanufactured replacements have a reputation of being unreliable. (Although the remanufactured replacements on my 68 are holding up OK.)

EHEH.....tell me about it, I put VBP springs/ shocks on my '72 back 20 years ago, and not until 01-02 winter did I find out the winning rack combo, before any kits were out, so I made my own shit...brackets, input, tie rods, etc.....using stock tie rod ends.....still there working fine......now that I have the belt fixed.....tough to drive without a working pump.....:devil::crutches:

The brackets are really simple to make, I posted the dimensions of the driver/passenger side brackets in one of my threads when I did the rack install a few years ago.
I do not recommend simply going with the dimensions, just rough it in and final fit and weld when the brackets are bolted to the frame, that's IMO the best way to ensure a perfect fit....

I have not touched my '79 in about a year ...... But I have plans to install the power rack so I can compare it to the manual rack that's currently installed.....