Vintage corvette race pictures

One of my oldest friends, his dentist was none other than Dr. Dick Thompson, the driver for vettes, and he lived in Bethesda/Chevy Chase Md.....

I wanted to go see him for dental work, just to meet him, but my folks could have cared less, went to a old family friend instead....oh well....:pprrtt:

yea,, I think I might have let him pull a tooth just to get to meet him. I watched him race in the 60's at VIR

Last edited:

One of my oldest friends, his dentist was none other than Dr. Dick Thompson, the driver for vettes, and he lived in Bethesda/Chevy Chase Md.....

I wanted to go see him for dental work, just to meet him, but my folks could have cared less, went to a old family friend instead....oh well....:pprrtt:

yea,, I think I might have let him pull a tooth just to get to meet him. I watched him race in the 60's at VIR

IN a way it was rather hard on the car hobby/any interest from me, in that my father was in the insurance business, I was age 20 before dad bought a car for mom to drive, I put most of the miles on it, dad was very reluctant for me to drive the only family car, he needed it for the insurance business....client calls.etc....combined with the move from close in Bethesda and me in school/college, and the folks moving 15 miles out to BFE was a huge problem for me, finally got my own first car age 22 when I started working, spent about 25% or better just to insure/gas/tires/oil on my '60 vette, so racing or anything to do with it was so far down the list it was pathetic.....and then even Drag racing was effectively destroyed, and so it was over for me......:ill: