Thought I'd share this little gem: one man brake bleeder

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
I posted this years ago "over there" but figure some people over here might be too new or never been over there.
so the wife is out of town and you decide to spend the weekend getting personal with your favorite c2/c3/c4 Corvette. (this works with almost any vehicle that uses a striker bolt type door latch)
But what do you do when you come to the brakes? Most of us try to bribe a neighbor with beer or something but most of them don't like it when you knock on the door at 11 at night.
Here's where a couple dollars and a little forward planning will allow you to do the job all by your lonesome. Go to your favorite hardware store and pick up at least a five foot piece of 3/4" PVC pipe. Cut that pipe to exactly 54". Now when it's time to do that brake job, pump the brakes like you normally do but on the last pump use the PVC instead, then put the other end over the door striker bolt. The PVC will act as a spring and as soon as you crack the bleeder valve, it will push the pedal to the floor and hold it there.
The procedure is the same as if you had a second person, it just takes longer, but at least if you ever need to do this solo you can.
:beer:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=92474

92474.gif

or spend $20 and not go thru the problem at all

All I do anymore is drill two tiny holes in the m/cyl top....fill with fluid put the top on, take shop air and pressurize the top of the metal cap...forcing the bellows down and fluid out into the lines/cylinders, whole system.....then when running free, I let it gravity drip out the calipers...tap on them with a block of wood to rattle any bubbles out.....obviously make sure the m/cyl stays full...well DUH......

:beer: