New (Old) Guy -- New and old cars

mfain

Greetings,

New to the forum from Nevada/Arizona. I've been an active Corvette owner since 1975 and currently have a 2011 Z06 with the Z07/CFZ option and a 56 Corvette Road Racer that I've been modifying for 36 years -- caged, widened, front steer rack/pinion IFS, IRS, big block set back 12 inches, etc. Looking forward to what I expect to be very informative technical discussions with fellow enthusiasts.

Welcome to the motley crew.....

my first car was a '60 vette in '66, and so your project really interests me....

WE NEED PICTURES!!!

That sounds just toooooo cool.....

:thankyou::thankyou::friends:

That might be the most bad ass '56 I have ever seen... Please post more pictures and details.
Welcome :hi:

Steve -- mostly open track days in the past, but I've had the car apart a long time making it NASA/SCCA compliant (cage configuration, aluminum firewall between the fuel cell and cockpit, etc.). The plan is to run NASA and Proautosports events in the Spring at Firebird in Phoenix, track days at Spring Mountain, and standing mile events at Mohave and Silver State.

Twin Turbo --the r&p is a Woodward (end takeoff) power unit attached to ATS spindles (now marketed by Ridetech) -- all custom built to control bumpsteer, Ackermann, and camber gain. I posted pictures in the "Garage" section.

Thanks for the Welcome.

Steve -- mostly open track days in the past, but I've had the car apart a long time making it NASA/SCCA compliant (cage configuration, aluminum firewall between the fuel cell and cockpit, etc.). The plan is to run NASA and Proautosports events in the Spring at Firebird in Phoenix, track days at Spring Mountain, and standing mile events at Mohave and Silver State.

Twin Turbo --the r&p is a Woodward (end takeoff) power unit attached to ATS spindles (now marketed by Ridetech) -- all custom built to control bumpsteer, Ackermann, and camber gain. I posted pictures in the "Garage" section.

Thanks for the Welcome.

When you're in Vegas again give me a shout. Maybe we can get Clutchy to come over and we'll drink a lot of beer whilst talking cars...

doing this vintage event??
http://www.motorsportreg.com/index..../uidEvent/7F317B85-DEB9-06BD-0E9123BDEE356164

Last edited: