Winter storage preparation

68L71

I am storing my 1996 Lt1 camaro for the winter this year. I am just wondering what is recommended for storing this type of car for 4-5 months? It has a full tank of gas.

if the temperature changes a lot then a fresh tank of gas with Stabil in it is not a bad idea. i put lots of green bait blocks for the mice around the car. i also try to drive it occasionally to get it up to full temperature.

I would use Seafoam in the gas as a stabilizer. Sheet of plastic on the garage floor for spring thaw when the floor starts to sweat. Dryer sheets in the can and mothballs around the outside of the car. Slight crack in the windows to let the interior breath and a car cover over top to keep dust out of the interior.

Ask people that winterize boats. They do lots every year in the worst possible conditions.
After you're done, do not start the car until you're ready to drive in the spring. Running a car in the driveway will not heat the oil up enough to get the moisture out. Water temp might hit 190, but the oil takes some driving to heat it up. Idling will create more moisture in the crankcase, which is worse than not starting it at all. I've seen bearing lower halfs with "water marks" where corrosive combustion products eat into them.
Idling it also wont heat up the entire exhaust enough, so you'll have more corrosion in there.
So...
Check your antifreeze, tire pressures, etc
Add some Stabil to the tank and run it enough to get to the carb.
Change the oil.
Grease all the fittings.
Spray fogging oil in the carb until it kills the motor. Or disconnect the coil and spray while cranking.
I leave the battery in with an automatic charger.
Leave it til spring.