Removing Interior Trim between T-tops?

rod70

I am replacing the 'windscreen to the frame' portion of my birdcage. While I have removed everything else from the interior the attachment mechanism for the interior plastic cover of the 'T' eludes me. Push, pull, slide, pop out? How does this thing come away?

It's been awhile since I've played with mine, but I thought screws helped retain it. Here's a link where I found that to be true. (check pic under description)
http://www.zip-corvette.com/ProductDetails/StyleMasterDetails.aspx?pid={17ff36ed-eb9b-4d75-ab23-e40059d98bb5}&gid={f8d93fb8-2c61-481e-87bb-2e860cd79e26}&GroupName=T-Top+Headliner+%26+Center+Panels&pname=68-76E+T-Top+Center+Panel&Referer=&Alias=&ptct=SGR-SR&CTitle=&
Check the T-top edge brackets and under dome light as well.
And speaking of that panel, mine is roached. I was shocked to find how much a replacement is....used as well. Guess I'll settle for wrapping in something.

Thanks, I will have to look with better light for the screws. Nothing seemed obvious and I didn't want to break it thinking it was a snap on part.

Go easy on it, as new ones are over $200! I'm thumbing thru my assy manual now....and wouldn't ya know, can't seem to find it. And these 4th gen on up xerox copied manuals suck!
You'll find most int trim parts will usually attach with obvious methods...screws, etc. Good Luck:mobeer:

When I removed mine it was fixed to the center portion of the T with small "shafts" or pins that was gripping something inside the T section.
It came loose just by yanking it straight down. I managed to remove it without harm and reassebly was easy with a little dab of grease on each pin for easy removal in the future.
However, take care while removing since the panel is made out of very fragile material

Regards: Daniel